Free parking Click to get info
‘Pop and Shop’
Parking is free in town centre cashless PayByPhone bays for 15 minutes, Monday to Saturday.
Free lunchtime parking
Parking is free in cashless PayByPhone bays around town centres between the hours of 1pm and 2pm.
PayByPhone cashless parking Click to get info
You can now pay to park without using cash in parking bays and car parks owned by the council. You won’t need to display a ticket, as your vehicle registration number will be used to check your parking times.
Register online and PayByPhone
PayByPhone is the easiest way to pay for on street parking in town centres. It means you won’t need to have cash or display a ticket in your vehicle. You can request text messages to remind you when your parking session is about to end, and add more time without having to return to your vehicle.
To make your payment you can:
- register online
- download the App for free
- phone 020 3362 1300
- text 65565
You will need the five digit location code, printed on the nearest parking bay sign.
For support with this service, please visit the PayByPhone website.
Alternatively you can pay for parking at your nearest PayPoint outlet.
PayByPhone parking charges
- 30 minute: £1.30
- 1 hour: £2.30
- 3 hour: £4
Parking voucher charges
- 30 minute voucher: £2 each
- 1 hour voucher: £4 each
- 3 hour voucher: £5 each
Cashless parking bays located throughout the borough:
- Chingford on street cashless parking bays
- Walthamstow on street cashless parking bays
- Leytonstone on street cashless parking bays
Terms and conditions of parking Click to get info
• Payment must be made at the time of parking
• Enforcement action may be taken if you have not paid for parking or the time you have paid for has expired
• You are responsible for entering the correct vehicle and location information when you park
• Normal parking regulations apply
• Parking suspensions may be in force in PayByPhone locations at any time. Always check for signs and find an alternative space where necessary
• Waltham Forest Council is not responsible for mobile network coverage or network failure. It is your responsibility to make sure that your parking payment covers the entire duration that your vehicle is parked. Reliance on SMS reminder texts does not provide an exemption to this rule.