Properties with wheelie bins Click to get info
Your property is eligible for all the following:
- black wheelie bin (general refuse) – houses can have one black bin each
- green wheelie bin (recycling) – you can have more than one of these bins, if you need
- brown wheelie bin (food and garden waste) – you can have more than one of these bins, if you need
- indoor kitchen caddy (food waste) – store your food waste indoors before emptying into your brown wheelie bin
- indoor storage bag for recycling – store your recyclable items indoors before emptying into your green wheelie bin
Please check the section below to see if there is a charge, before you order a bin.
Wheelie bin charges and FAQs Click to get info
|Bin type||New or replacement bin size||Cost||Cost for additional bins|
|Black refuse||Standard (140 litres)||
|Not available. Households can only have one black bin|
|Black refuse (when you swap your large bin for a standard sized one)||Standard (140 litres)||Free||Not available. Households can only have one black bin|
|Green recycling||Standard (140 litres)||£20||£20|
|Large (240 litres)||£20||
|Brown food and garden waste||Standard (140 litres)||£20||£20|
|Large (240 litres)||£20||£20|
|Indoor kitchen caddy||Compact for indoor use||Free|
|Indoor storage bag for recycling||Compact for indoor use||Free|
Why do I have to pay for my wheelie bin?
Due to wider financial pressures, we can no longer afford to provide free wheelie bins. The charge will allow us to continue making weekly collections for black refuse and green recycling bins, something that residents have told us is important to them.
If you move into a property, and the previous owner has not left one of each type of two wheeled bins, you will need to pay for a new one.
What does the charge cover?
The charge covers the cost of the bin including assembly, administration and delivery. There is no charge for the removal of damaged and unwanted bins.
How quickly will my new bin be delivered?
We aim to deliver bins within 10 working days of your order.
Can I swap my large 240L black refuse bin for a standard 140L one for free?
Yes. We're offering this option for free as we'd like to encourage residents to recycle as much as they can.
Can I avoid the admin charge by collecting my new wheelie bin from the depot?
No, bins are available by delivery only.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind after ordering or if I have ordered the wrong bin type for the property type I live in?
Yes. However there will be a £5 charge, to cover the cost of picking up the bin from your property and administration. There is only one charge per bin request order.
My wheelie bin has been stolen, can you send me another one?
Occasionally our collectors might accidentally return your bin to a neighbouring property. Please check first to see if this has happened. If you believe your bin has been stolen, you can order a replacement, but you'll need to pay the charge.
How can I stop my wheelie bin from being stolen?
There are a number of steps you can take. You can:
- paint your house number on your bin
- put a sticker on your bin showing the housing number – you can collect a free bin sticker from any of our libraries
- only put your bin out for collection on your bin collection day
- put your bin back as soon as possible after the collection
How can I pay for my wheelie bins?
Use the online form to order and make payment.
If you don't have access to the internet, you can:
- phone Waltham Forest Direct on 020 8496 3000
- visit one of our libraries to use a computer
Can I buy wheelie bins from elsewhere?
You can provide your own wheelie bins, provided they:
- meet the British Standard BS EN 840 standard
- are the same colour and contain the same artwork on the front as our wheelie bins - see the images below
- are maximum capacity of 240 litres for green recycling, and brown food and garden waste
- are a maximum capacity of 140 litres for black refuse bins
If you supply your own bins you'll need to provide evidence that they meet the required standards. Please email our Waste Team with this information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if my wheelie bin is damaged by the collection crew, or falls into the back of the collection vehicle?
If your bin is damaged and it's our fault, we'll put a notification card through your letterbox and deliver a replacement bin free of charge.
We will not accept responsibility for damage caused by overfilling the bin, placing inappropriate items in it, or reasonable wear and tear.
What happens if my wheelie bin is damaged and it's not the collection crew's fault?
If you order a replacement bin, you'll need to pay the charge.
I’ve moved house and there are no wheelie bins at my new address. Do I have to pay for my bins?
Yes, you'll have to pay. If you rent your house from a private or social landlord you may need to read your tenancy agreement to see if this is mentioned.
What happens if I only need a replacement lid or wheels?
We cannot replace lids or wheels alone, therefore the whole bin will need to be replaced.
I'm not willing to purchase a wheelie bin. If I put out black bags, will they be collected?
Refuse sacks will not be collected. If you put out your rubbish in black bags, or any other type of unauthorised container, we may serve you with a Section 46 notice under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and/ or other relevant legislation. This notice will say that you must provide the necessary containers for your waste. If you don't comply with this notice, and you continue to put out your rubbish in an unauthorised container, we may issue you with a fixed penalty notice and/or start prosecution proceedings against you.
If you don't want to pay for a replacement bin, you can choose to dispose of your rubbish yourself by taking it to one of our household waste recycling centres.
Can I order a larger black refuse bin?
We now only provide standard refuse bins. A standard refuse bin can fit two to three black sacks of rubbish inside it.
We provide a weekly refuse collection service, however we understand that some households need a large bin. Please tell us more about your household and why you need a large refuse bin, by emailing our Waste Team at email@example.com. Please provide your full address.
Flats with communal bins Click to get info
Your property is eligible for:
- Green communal bin (recycling) - available in a range of sizes depending on how many properties are in your building
- Black communal bin (general waste) - available in a range of sizes depending on how many properties are in your building
- Grey communal bin (food waste) - available for buildings with at least 5 properties
- Indoor storage bag for recycling - compact enough to fit in a kitchen cupboard, so you can store recyclable items indoors before emptying into your communal recycling bin. Reuse this bag again and again.
- Brown kitchen caddy (food waste) - store your food waste indoors before emptying into your grey communal food waste bin. Please note, not all flats with communal bins will have a grey food waste bin.
Flats above shops Click to get info
Your property is eligible for:
- Indoor storage bag for recycling- compact enough to fit in a kitchen cupboard, so you can store recyclable items indoors before emptying into your green recycling sacks. Reuse this bag again and again.
- Green recycling sacks - we'll deliver green recycling sacks four times a year to your property. If you need extra, you can pick them up from your local library. Go online to request and add your property to the green recycling delivery list