Services Click to get info
- receives and stores bodies for the coroner
- handles bodies with dignity and respect
- assist the pathologists with post-mortems to determine the cause of death
- assist forensic pathologists with post-mortems in cases where criminal charges may arise
- provide information and advice about post-mortems and what to do after a death
- assist the coroner to deal quickly with cases for faith or cultural requirements
Fees and how to pay for Mortuary services Click to get info
|Special Post Mortem||£775|
|Infectious diseases Post Mortem||£545|
|2nd Post Mortem||£775|
|Releasing body out of hours||£205|
|Private Post Mortem||£775|
Storage charges are applicable 10 working days after the Coroner issues a release certificate
For information about a career in this field please visit the web site of Association of Anatomical Pathology Technology.
Opening times Click to get info
Opening hours for non-urgent matters:
- Monday to Thursday: 9am to 2pm
- Friday: 9am to 1pm
Collections and releases including out of hours arrangements Click to get info
This link can be used to arrange a collection or admittance of the deceased
The mortuary also has an out-of-hours phone number to allow undertakers to collect the deceased out of hours by appointment only.
There is a £205 charge for this service.
Out of hours telephone: 07900 133 820