The Access and Assessment and Brief Intervention Service is for adults aged 18 and over needing community mental health services in the London borough of Waltham Forest. They provide an initial mental health assessment.
Once assessed they may:
- refer or signpost to other mental health services or organisations
- signpost to other services (e.g. social services
- provide brief intervention by the team for up to six months.
If needed, they can offer:
- full assessment of mental health and social care needs
- access to a psychiatrist talking therapies and other psychological help
- advice and information
- crisis intervention
- psychiatric medication review
- if appropriate self-guided support
- support with social problems
- recovery and wellbeing approaches.
The Access and Assessment and Brief Intervention Service also provide a single telephone number for anyone enquiring about mental health services in Waltham Forest, urgent mental health assessment where needed and management of referrals to other specialist mental health services.
The team is made up of psychiatrists, community mental health nurses, mental health social workers, support time and recovery workers and occupational therapists.
Referrals will be accepted from GPs or other health professional. Self referrals or from family, carers or friends and via walk-in centres.
Contact The Access and Assessment and Brief Intervention Service
Waltham Forest Access and Assessment and Brief Intervention Service
Thorpe Coombe Hospital
714 Forest Road
Telephone: 0300 555 1242
Opening times: 9am - 8pm, Monday to Friday and Saturdays 9am- 1pm.