Where you can park Click to get info
This parking permit will entitle you to park within a market trader (MT) permit parking bay as long as the permit is correctly displayed. This permit is only valid in MT bays.
Things you need to know Click to get info
Please ensure you renew your permit before it expires – the responsibility for renewals rests with the permit holder.
Please also note:
- the permit is only valid on vehicles with a current road fund licence
- it is the users’ responsibility to ensure that the permit is clearly displayed on the vehicle associated with the permit. Any vehicle not displaying a valid permit may be issued a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) and subjected to further enforcement action
- permits will not be issued to customers with outstanding unchallenged Penalty Charge Notices (PCN’s)
- the issue of a permit does not guarantee the user a parking space
- the council has the right to suspend parking bays at any time
- you will be asked to supply proof of Traders Licence and vehicle ownership with your application
- the information on this form may be used by the council in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) and it may be passed within the council or to other agencies in order to help prevent fraud
- submission of the permit application form is confirmation that you agree to its terms and conditions of use
Things you'll need to let us know Click to get info
You must let us know if:
- you change a vehicle and are in possession of a valid permit
- you lose your permit or it’s been stolen
If you change a vehicle during the validity of the existing permit you must surrender that permit, complete a further application form and pay the appropriate fee. You can register a change of vehicle using the online form or alternatively you can register by post by downloading a market trader parking permit application form and sending it with evidence to the Parking Control Office.
If your permit is lost or stolen it will be immediately rendered invalid. You will need to report this, complete an application form and pay the appropriate fee for a replacement permit. You will be asked to provide the crime reference number supplied by the police. You can report your stolen vehicle online or by post by downloading a market trader parking permit application form and sending it to the Parking Control Office.
How much do market trader permits cost? Click to get info
|Type of permit||Permit cost|
|Annual daily - one day per week||£145|
Changes and refund fees
- Change of VRM – Free of charge
- Change of Address - £5.00
- Refund - £10.00
What evidence do I need to supply? Click to get info
Proof of identity
- Photocard driver's licence or passport
- Proof of home address dated within the last 3 months
Proof of employment
- Trader's licence
Proof of vehicle ownership
- Vehicle registration document (V5/Logbook)
Apply and pay for a market trader parking permit Click to get info
Waltham Forest Council retains the right to carry our random checks on permits in order to check the information supplied in the application.
You'll need to:
- register your account to use the service if you haven’t already
- have a debit or credit card ready pay for your permit
- have copies of your documents of proof
Photos of documents of proof will be accepted in the following file formats: DOC, DOCX, PDF, GIF, PNG or JPEG file.
You may not need to upload any documents of proof during your application but you may be asked to supply copies of those documents at a later date.
If you don’t supply documents when asked, your permit may be cancelled and your vehicle will become subject to enforcement action.
Please allow 1 working day to receive a response from the parking control office about your online requests.
To apply or renew by post you’ll need to:
- fill out an application form
- send payment and;
- provide documents of proof
Payment should be made by cheque or postal order payable to 'LBWF'. Please do not send cash through the post.
Download a Market trader parking permit application form (714KB PDF file)
To get an application form sent to you by post, contact our permit team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on 0203 092 0112, option 3 for assistance.
Tell us your full name and postal address, and an application form will be sent to you the next working day.
You can also drop off permit application forms at the following libraries:
This is a drop off service and your applications will not be checked by a member of library staff. You must include documents of proof and payment with your application form.
If you don't fill in your form fully or include payment it will cause a significant delay to the process of getting your permit.
If you don’t provide telephone and email contact details in your application your application will be disregarded and your permit will not be issued.
Please allow 10 days for your permit to arrive if you apply by post or the library drop-off service.
Queries and help with your application Click to get info
Contact Click to get info
Where you can't park Click to get info
Market trader permits are not valid in:
- permit bays
- emergency service bays
- catering bays (CAT)
- short stay bays
- Pay and Display or PayByPhone bays
- car parks
- bays designated for a specific reasons (for example: loading bays)
- any parking bay that has been suspended
or on yellow lines.