Member services and facilities Click to get info
Leytonstone Library Plus offers the following free services and facilities for members:
- books: print titles, eBooks and eAudiobooks available for loan or download
- newspapers and magazines: latest editions available to read in the library
- computers: PCs with Microsoft Office software and internet access
- Wi-Fi internet access available throughout the building
- online courses: access a range of free learning material, including language lessons, driving theory test preparation, and computing skills lessons
- study room
- public toilet (wheelchair accessible)
Library members can also access the following 'paid for' services with their library card:
- printing, photocopying and scanning
- fax machine
- hall for hire
Visit the Waltham Forest Libraries Arena website for more information on the above services. Alternatively, give us a call or visit us in person.
Council services Click to get info
From Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, staff are available to help you complete the following tasks, along with many others, at one of our self-service PCs at the library.
You can also report a change in circumstances that affects any of the permits or benefits, or drop off and scan evidence to support an existing application.
- council house repairs
- fly tipping
- noise pollution
- missed bin collections
- council tax
- business rates
- parking fines
- visitor parking permits (specific areas/zones only)
- resident parking permits
- Housing Benefit
- Blue Badge
- Council Tax Support
- free school meals
- Universal Credit
Please note: all of the above tasks can be completed via this website using our library PCs outside of staffed hours or your own PC, laptop or mobile device.
Citizens Advice Bureau service Click to get info
The service is available every Tuesday, 9am to 5pm and Thursday 10am to 1pm, by booked appointment only.
You can get free information and advice on:
- accommodation and housing
- debt and money problems
- income and benefits
To book an appointment, please call the Waltham Forest Citizen Advice Bureau Advice Line on 0300 330 1175.
Regular events and activities calendar Click to get info
- Rhyme Time (term time only), 9.30am to 10am and 10.15am to 10.45am
- Play Reading Group, 7.30pm to 9.45pm
- Citizens Advice Bureau service (by appointment only), 9am to 5pm
- Baby and Me Film Club, 10am to 11.30am
- Draw Me a Story (2 to 4 year olds), 10.30am to 11.30am
- Citizens Advice Bureau service (by appointment only), 10am to 1pm
- You and Your New Baby, 10am to 11.30am
- Free IT advice drop-in, 1.30pm to 3pm
- Friday Flicks (Movie Club), 2pm
- Junior Flicks (Movie Club), 10.30am to 12.00noon
For further details and availability for any specific event, get in touch or ask a member of library staff.
The library also hosts a series of special events and seasonal activities throughout the year. To find out more and book tickets, visit the Waltham Forest Libraries Arena website.