Why we're producing an Area Framework for Lea Bridge Click to get info
We are at the early stages of preparing a new Area Framework for Lea Bridge and we would like you to get involved. The Framework will provide a shared vision for how Lea Bridge can grow, adapt and thrive in the coming years responding to the area’s unique local landscape, economy, character and heritage.
The Framework will also provide informal local planning guidance and help to realise and co-ordinate benefits of potential development and investment in the area over the next 15 years including public realm, health facilities, community, and social infrastructure. Your involvement and feedback will help us shape the draft version of the Area Framework document, which we plan to engage on later this year.
The Framework will align with the Council’s emerging Local Plan and Site Allocations as well as wider Economic Recovery work responding to the impact of Covid-19, Climate Emergency Commission, and the Council’s “Public Service Strategy” with its four key themes: Connecting People with Jobs; Safe and Healthy Lives; Our 15min Neighbourhood; Confidence in Our Future.
Get involved Click to get info
We are keen that local residents, businesses, stakeholders and community groups feed into this process to guide and shape the vision and ideas for the future of the Lea Bridge area.
Phase 1 of the public engagement will run from Monday 5 July to Monday 26 July
You can get involved in the first round of public engagement for the Area Framework by filling in our online survey.
You can also come speak to the Lea Bridge Area team at three outdoor Covid-secure drop-in sessions in the Lea Bridge area during July:
- Saturday 10 July at Markhouse Corner between 11am and 1pm
- Wednesday 14 July at Lea Bridge Station between 8am and 10am
- Monday 19 July at Markhouse Corner between 4pm and 6pm
Benefits of the Lea Bridge Area Framework Click to get info
- More opportunities for residents and businesses to engage in shaping a shared vision for the future
- More joined up communication of what development is happening and when
- Better co-ordination of development and investment coming forward
- Protect and enhance job opportunities for local people by linking with the Borough’s wider Economic Recovery Action Plan
- Better co-ordination and prioritisation of proposals for local infrastructure, connectivity, and public realm improvements
- Better reveal and celebrate the area’s unique natural and historic assets
Timeline for public engagement Click to get info
The Council is at the information gathering stage for the Area Framework and this is the first of three phases of public engagement over the next 12 months.
Phase 1 of the public engagement will run from Monday 5 July to Monday 26 July.
We will be using the outcomes of this engagement, plus the feedback already received on the Local Plan 2: Site Allocations to inform the draft Area Framework proposals.
Timeline for producing the Area Framework Click to get info
- July 2021: Phase 1 public engagement to gather additional feedback for the Area Framework
- Autumn 2021: Phase 2 Public engagement on Draft Area Framework
- Spring 2022: Phase 3 Public engagement on Final Area Framework
- 2022: Publish Area Framework