Support with housing for older people Click to get info
Are you a resident aged 50+ who needs some help to stay living independently in your home?
Waltham Forest Council has commissioned Waltham Forest Housing Association and Genesis to provide a free Housing Navigator service to support older people who need a bit of extra help.
The service aims to help you maintain your accommodation by offering a range of support that which promotes independence and empowerment. You will also be assisted to access other services dependant on your needs. The service provides support across a range of areas including;
- practical and/or emotional support in dealing with everyday matters
- help with accessing and maximising welfare benefits
- advice on budgeting, managing debt and dealing with utility bills
- liaison with or referrals to other agencies
- accessing employment, training or further education
- advice on accessing more suitable housing as well as health and safety in your home
- resettlement advice when moving to a new home, including getting furniture
- help to access culturally specific services
- help to improve confidence and self-esteem as well as overcoming feelings of loneliness and isolation .
- help to finding a GP
You don’t need to be living on your own and could be living with family or friends and don’t need to be a home owner as the service will also support people living in private rented, council or local authority sheltered housing.
Support is available by phone, home visits of in person at Genesis and WFHA offices in Walthamstow. Find out more today by contacting either provider now or if you are already receiving some support from another organisation, ask them for a referral.
Phone: 07740 022 405
Phone: 020 3929 8080