Pay by Direct Debit Click to get info
Direct Debit is a way of paying your bills automatically if you have a bank or building society account.
Paying by Direct Debit means you:
- don't have to remember to pay each month
- get a choice of payment dates – 1st, 6th, 10th, 15th, 21st or 28th
- are covered by the Direct Debit guarantee of a refund if something goes wrong
- can cancel at any time
- don't need to queue at a bank or post office to pay
- don't need to write cheques or carry cash
To set up a Direct Debit
The simplest way to do this is to complete the online direct debit form.
Once you have created your Council Tax Connect account;
and successfully logged in:
- click “Show Details”
- choose the “Direct Debit“ option
- follow the steps
Alternatively, you can download and complete this Direct Debit form (Word 80KB).
Please return it to:
Pay online Click to get info
Pay by phone Click to get info
You can use our automated phone system to make a payment by debit or credit card, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Have your card details and Council Tax account reference ready then call 020 8496 3000.
Pay at a Post Office or PayPoint Click to get info
Visit a PayPoint location to make a payment. You will need to show your bill with the bar code on, or the pop out card you received with your initial bill, for cash payments.
If you pay your Council Tax bill this way, you must pay at least 7 days before the due date for the money to reach our account on time.
Council tax due dates Click to get info
You must pay your Council Tax instalments by the 1st of each month.
You can change your instalment date to the 9th or the 25th of the month, but you must email us first at Revenue.email@example.com. Please quote your Council Tax reference number.
You will be in arrears if you pay after these dates. Find out what happens if you don't pay your Council Tax.
You can pay your bill in 10 or 12 monthly instalments or you can also choose to pay it fortnightly.
We promise to give you:
- a list of all the instalments amounts and dates for the year at least 10 days before the first payment is due
- notice before we make any changes to your payments at least 10 days in advance