Priority actions Click to get info
Our key actions for realising this strategy are:
- Promote an approach to regeneration and growth in the borough which ensures that communities are mixed and balanced, and provide high quality places to live and work.
- Deliver housing growth in the Housing Zone at Blackhorse Lane in line with ambitious master plans and emerging creative industries.
- Achieve growth at Lea Bridge and Leyton that promotes a new urbanism, for these centres as great places to live, to do business and enjoy.
- Establish a Local Development Company to promote area based regeneration.
- Support innovative models of housing delivery such as self-build, live-work and co-operatives that will deliver combined housing and employment benefits.
- Update the Council’s planning policies and viability review mechanisms to capture new products such as starter homes, self-build, and private rented sector (PRS) and get the best contribution through planning negotiations, including achieving the Council’s ambition to deliver more affordable housing.