Priority actions Click to get info
Our key actions for realising this strategy are:
- Promote an approach to regeneration and growth in the borough which ensures that communities are mixed and balanced, and provide high quality places to live and work.
- Deliver housing growth in the Housing Zone at Blackhorse Lane in line with ambitious masterplans and emerging creative industries.
- Achieve growth at Lea Bridge and Leyton that promotes a new urbanism, for these centres as great places to live, to do business and enjoy.
- Establish a Local Development Company to promote area based regeneration.
- Support innovative models of housing delivery such as self-build, live-work and co-operatives that will deliver combined housing and employment benefits.
- Update the Council’s planning policies and viability review mechanisms to capture new products such as starter homes, selfbuild, and private rented sector (PRS) and get the best contribution through planning negotiations, including achieving the Council’s ambition to deliver more affordable housing.