Cabinet decision on the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
On Thursday 21 May 2020: Full Council unanimously agreed that the plan should be made
- Higham Park Neighbourhood Plan Adopted Version Thursday 21 May 2020
- Higham Park Neighbourhood Plan Adopted Version Annex 1 Aspirations, Projects and Actions Thursday 21 May 2020
- Decision Statement Appendix C
On Thursday 23 April 2020 Waltham Forest Council’s Cabinet backed that referendum and it now goes to Full Council for final decision.
Referendum on the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
To meet the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 a referendum took place on Thursday 5 March 2020 with polling stations open from 7am until 10pm.
The referendum question was:
“Do you want the London Borough of Waltham Forest to use the neighbourhood development plan for the Highams Park Neighbourhood Area to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
Of the votes cast, 95.7 per cent voted in favour of adopting the Neighbourhood Plan. The turnout was 21.8 per cent.
2689 yes votes
120 no votes
7 spoiled ballot papers
Total votes cast 2816
- Read the official Declaration of Referendum Result
- Read the Referendum version of the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
- Read the Referendum version of the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan Annex One
- Read the list of streets covered by the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
Consultation on the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
The Highams Park Planning Group (HPPG) submitted a Draft Neighbourhood Plan to Waltham Forest Council on 14 November 2018.
The Council sought representations on the plan in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) before it is submitted to an independent examination.
This consultation on the submission version of the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan ran from 7 January 2019 to 18 February 2019.
The Highams Park Planning Group (“HPPG”) is group of local people which was formally constituted by its members on 17 January 2014.
HPPG has the full support of the Council and was initially designated by the Council on 15 July 2014 as the planning group for the Highams Park Area. This designation was renewed by the Council on Monday 8 July 2019.
The Highams Park Planning Group (as the designated Neighbourhood Forum) has prepared the neighbourhood plan for the Highams Park area under the Localism Act of 2011.
The Area that the Plan will cover is the area within the blue boundary on the map and covers parts of four Waltham Forest Council Wards.
The HPPG submitted the following documents as part of the consultation process on The Draft Neighbourhood Plan:
- Highams Park Plan Neighbourhood Area
- HP Plan Submission Version (8.5MB PDF file)
- Consultation Statement for HP Plan Submission Document (464KB PDF file)
- Basic Conditions Statement for HP Plan Submission Document (1.6MB PDF file)
- Appendix 1 to Basic Conditions Statement - HRA and SEA Screening Report (1.0MB PDF file)
- HP Plan Submission Letter to LBWF (582KB PDF file)
- Annex 1 HP Plan Aspirations, Projects & Actions LBWF Submission Version (535KB PDF file)
- Notice of Referendum on the Neighbourhood Plan for Highams Park (11.6KB PDF file)
- Notice of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations for Highams Park (61.8KB PDF file)
What happens when?
- June 2019 The Examiner’s report of June 2019 concluded that, subject to the policy modifications recommended being made, the Plan will meet the Basic Conditions and should proceed to a referendum
- Download the Draft Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement
- Download Appendix One
- Download Appendix Two
- July 2019: Following a period of public consultation the Council renewed the HPPG’s designation as the neighbourhood planning body at Cabinet on Monday 8 July 2019.
- Thursday 5 March 2020: Resident referendum had 95.7 per cnet of those voting approving the plan.
- Thursday 23 April 2020: Waltham Forest Council Cabinet approved the plan and recommended that Full Council adopt it.
Thursday 21 May 2020: Full Council unanimously agreed that the plan should be made