Referendum on the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
A referendum will take place on Thursday 5 March 2020 with polling stations open from 7am until 10pm.
Some polling stations will be at different locations than the usual ones used to avoid causing disruption to schools.
Poll cards and an information leaflet will be issued during the last week of January 2020 and should be kept in a safe place ready for polling day.
Only people on the electoral register will be eligible to vote. The deadline to apply to be on the register is midnight on Tuesday 18 February 2020. If you are already on the register no action is needed. Electoral registers can be inspected at the Council offices and local libraries.
If you wish to vote by post the deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 19 February 2020. If you already have a postal vote no action is needed.
- Read the Referendum version of the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
- Read the Referendum version of the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan Annex One
- Read the list of streets covered by the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
Consultation on the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan
The Highams Park Planning Group (HPPG) submitted a Draft Neighbourhood Plan to Waltham Forest Council on 14 November 2018.
The Council sought representations on the plan in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) before it is submitted to an independent examination.
This consultation on the submission version of the Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan ran from 7 January 2019 to 18 February 2019.
The Highams Park Planning Group (“HPPG”) is group of local people which was formally constituted by its members on 17 January 2014.
HPPG has the full support of the Council and was initially designated by the Council on 15 July 2014 as the planning group for the Highams Park Area. This designation was renewed by the Council on Monday 8 July 2019.
The Highams Park Planning Group (as the designated Neighbourhood Forum) has prepared the neighbourhood plan for the Highams Park area under the Localism Act of 2011.
The Area that the Plan will cover is the area within the blue boundary on the map and covers parts of four Waltham Forest Council Wards.
The HPPG submitted the following documents as part of the consultation process on The Draft Neighbourhood Plan:
- Highams Park Plan Neighbourhood Area
- HP Plan Submission Version (8.5MB PDF file)
- Consultation Statement for HP Plan Submission Document (464KB PDF file)
- Basic Conditions Statement for HP Plan Submission Document (1.6MB PDF file)
- Appendix 1 to Basic Conditions Statement - HRA and SEA Screening Report (1.0MB PDF file)
- HP Plan Submission Letter to LBWF (582KB PDF file)
- Annex 1 HP Plan Aspirations, Projects & Actions LBWF Submission Version (535KB PDF file)
- Notice of Referendum on the Neighbourhood Plan for Highams Park (11.6KB PDF file)
- Notice of Poll and Situation of Polling Stations for Highams Park (61.8KB PDF file)
What happens when?
- June 2019 The Examiner’s report of June 2019 concluded that, subject to the policy modifications recommended being made, the Plan will meet the Basic Conditions and should proceed to a referendum
- Download the Draft Highams Park Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement
- Download Appendix One
- Download Appendix Two
- July 2019: Following a period of public consultation the Council renewed the HPPG’s designation as the neighbourhood planning body at Cabinet on Monday 8 July 2019.