Health and safety at work: Investigations


We investigate reports of accidents at work to ensure that the workplace is safe and that employers are not breaking health and safety laws.

Who enforces health and safety law in my workplace?

This depends on the type of business you work in.

The council inspects:

  • Office based
  • Retail or wholesale
  • Warehousing
  • Hotel and catering
  • Sports or leisure
  • Residential accommodation, excluding nursing homes
  • Concerned with places of worship
  • Pre-school child care
  • Mobile catering
  • Market stalls

The health and safety executive inspects all other types of industry and major construction work in all premises. In London they can be contacted at:

Health and Safety Executive
Rose Court
2 Southwark Bridge
SE1 4 LW

Telephone: 08701 545 500

Contact Click to get info

Environmental Health and Trading Standards

Environment and Regeneration Waltham Forest Council Sycamore House Town Hall Complex Forest Road 
E17 4SU 
020 8496 3000