We’re offering a free collection service for real Christmas trees from Monday 4 January.
To have your real Christmas tree collected it must:
- be smaller than 6 foot / 1.8 metres
- have no decorations or container at the bottom included
- have no other items mixed in with the tree
- the stem of the Christmas tree to be no bigger than 4 inches / 10 cm
For residents with wheeled bins
Leave your real Christmas tree next to your two wheeled bins and it will be collected on the next brown bin collection day. Please ensure the tree is visible from the road for the collection crew, especially if you do not have a brown bin.
Find out your Christmas bin collection days.
For residents living in flats
Please book a free collection for your real Christmas tree.
To book email email@example.com and let us know:
- the full address of your block of flats
- the location of the Christmas Tree for collection – provide as much detail as possible
- how to gain access to the bin store if used as a collection point (route, keys or fobs required)
Real Christmas Trees for those living in flats will be collected by between Monday 4 January and Friday 15 January (only on weekdays only). Please ensure your real Christmas tree is out when you have emailed the Waste Team.