Grants for students



There are a number of schemes offering financial help to students in further education.

The Council administers two Education Charity Trusts for Waltham Forest students attending University or higher education.

Help with studying costs Click to get info

You could get a bursary to help with education-related costs if you’re aged 16 to 19 and studying in England.

Get more 16-19 Bursary Fund information on GOV.UK

Hardship funds Click to get info

Schools, colleges and training providers have funds to help if you’re studying or starting a full-time course and face financial hardship. For advice, speak to the student support services at your college or to your tutor.

If you’re aged 19 or over, on a further education course and facing financial hardship, you could get Discretionary Learner Support (DLS). You apply to your learning provider (e.g. college) for this.

Get more DLS information on GOV.UK

Free and discounted travel is available for 16-18 year olds in London.

Get more information on the Transport for London website