Eligibility Click to get info
You can apply for the disabled person's Freedom Pass if both of the following apply to you:
- your sole or main residence is in the London Borough of Waltham Forest
- you have any of the statutory disabilities listed in the Transport Act 2000
You’ll be eligible for a disabled person’s Freedom Pass if you:
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech
- have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has had a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
- don’t have arms, or have a long-term loss of the use of both arms
- have a learning disability that is defined as 'a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning'
- would have your application for a driving licence refused for reasons other than because of drug or alcohol misuse
- qualify for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and score eight points or more on the 'moving around' activity list
A ‘London Only’ pass is also available for people with a mental health disability.
To qualify, you must be regularly attending a day service as part of your treatment. You must provide a supporting letter from your community psychiatric nurse or psychiatrist.
Find out more about the Freedom Pass for disabled people on the London Councils website
How to apply Click to get info
To get an application form, you can do one of the following:
- download the disabled person's Freedom Pass application form (PDF, 440 KB)
- call the Contact Centre on 020 8496 3000
- collect an application form from a Library Plus branch
You need to supply the following with your application:
- one passport-sized photograph, with your name and the date written in capital letters on the back
- a copy of a proof of your address, such as a current Council Tax bill, a tenancy agreement or a utility bill dated within the last three months
- a copy of your confirmation of identity, such as a National Insurance card, medical card or passport
- a copy of evidence of your higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (if applicable)
- a supporting letter if you’re applying for a London Only pass under the mental health criteria
Please return your completed form and supporting evidence by email or by post to the Mobility Team.
Lost, stolen, or faulty Freedom Passes Click to get info
London Councils charges a £12 administration fee for replacements.
To report your Freedom Pass lost, stolen or faulty, contact London Councils on 0300 330 1433 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
You’ll need to provide the following details:
- your full name
- your date of birth
- your daytime telephone number