Where you cannot park Click to get info
Foreign vehicle parking permits are not valid:
- in market trader bays (MT)
- catering bays (CAT)
- short stay bays
- Pay and Display bays
- car parks
- bays designated for a specific reason (for example: loading bays)
- any parking bay that has been suspended
- or on yellow lines.
Things you need to know Click to get info
Please also note:
- the information that is provided on the application form may be passed onto third parties by the council in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) in order to help prevent fraud
- foreign vehicle residents parking permits can only be issued to vehicles that do not exceed 2.3 meters in height or 5.25 meters in length. If it is found that your vehicle is outside of these restrictions your permit will be revoked without notice and enforcement action taken
- foreign Vehicle Residents Parking Permits are only valid on vehicles with a current road tax licence
- if it is discovered that your application has been made fraudulently your Foreign Vehicle Residents Parking Permit will be revoked immediately and the associated vehicle will become subject to enforcement
- foreign vehicle residents parking permits will not be issued to customers with outstanding unchallenged Penalty Charge Notices (PCN’s)
- the issue of a foreign vehicle residents parking permit does not guarantee the user a parking space
- six months is the nationally recognised time limit that a foreign vehicle can remain without it being registered in that country
- submission of the permit application form is confirmation that you agree to its terms and conditions of use
Things you'll need to let us know Click to get info
You’ll need to let us know if:
- you cease to reside within the borough of Waltham Forest or within the same controlled parking zone during the validity of the permit
- you change a vehicle and are in possession of a valid permit
- you lose your permit or it’s been stolen
If you change your vehicle during the validity of the existing permit you must inform Waltham Forest Parking Control office immediately by downloading the Foreign vehicle resident parking permit application form and sending it, with the appropriate service fee, to Waltham Forest Parking Control Office post by post. Alternatively you can submit the application with evidence via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will be in contact with you within 1 working day to process your payment over the telephone and discuss permit delivery.
If your vehicle has been stolen during the validity of the existing permit you must inform Waltham Forest Parking Control Office immediately by downloading the Foreign Vehicle resident parking permit application form (712KB PDF file) and sending it to Waltham Forest Parking Control Office via post or email at email@example.com and a member of staff will be in contact with you within 1 working day to discuss the application. You will be asked to provide the crime reference number supplied by the police. Upon receipt of notification the permit will be immediately cancelled. You will have the option to apply for a temporary permit, if you are in use of a vehicle temporarily, or replacement foreign vehicle residents parking permit for your new vehicle.
How much do foreign vehicle parking permits cost Click to get info
|Engine cylinder capacity (CC) or CO2 emission g/km||Six month foreign vehicle permit|
|Up to 100g/km||£60|
|101 to 170g/km or up to 1549cc||£100|
|171g/km or above 1549cc||£250|
Changes and refund fees
- refunds are subject to fee of £20
Zero CO2 emissions
The council reserves the right to check applications for vehicles with zero CO2 emissions.
DVLA records may say your vehicle has zero emissions when it actually isn’t a zero emissions vehicle. The only zero emissions vehicles currently on the market are full electric vehicles (EV). Where this occurs, permit prices will be based on vehicle engine size.
We may apply additional price increases if incorrect information was provided at application stage.
What evidence do I need to provide? Click to get info
Proof of where you live
You must provide one document (dated within the last three months) with your current name and address, for example:
- Council Tax bill / statement
- utility bill
- rent book / lease agreement
- bank / building society statement
- driving licence / car insurance
Mobile phone bills won’t be accepted.
Letter on printed company letterhead (with VAT number) confirming:
- where you live
- your employment status within the company
- that you are a major user of the vehicle
- a copy of the vehicle rental or lease agreement
How to apply and pay for foreign vehicle parking permits Click to get info
Waltham Forest Council retains the right to carry our random checks on permits in order to check the information supplied in the application.
You'll need to:
- register your account to use the service if you haven’t already
- have a debit or credit card ready pay for your permit
- have copies of your documents of proof
Photos of documents of proof will be accepted in the following file formats: DOC, DOCX, PDF, GIF, PNG or JPEG file.
You may not need to upload any documents of proof during your application but you may be asked to supply copies of those documents at a later date.
If you don’t supply documents when asked, your permit may be cancelled and your vehicle will become subject to enforcement action.
Please allow 1 working day to receive a response from the parking control office about your online requests.
To apply by post you’ll need to:
- fill out an application form,
- send payment and
- provide documents of proof
Payment should be made by cheque or postal order payable to 'LBWF'. Please do not send cash through the post.
Download a resident permit application for foreign vehicles (712KB PDF file)
To get an application form sent to you by post, call Waltham Forest Parking Control Office on 0203 092 0112 and select option 3.
If lines are busy leave a voicemail request for your application form. Provide your full name and postal address and your application form will be sent to you the next working day.
You can also drop-off permit application forms at the following libraries:
This is a drop off service and your applications will not be checked by a member of library staff. You must include documents of proof and payment with your application form.
If you don't fill in your form fully or include payment it will cause a significant delay to the process of getting your permit.
If you don’t provide telephone and email contact details in your application your application will be disregarded and your permit will not be issued.
Please allow 10 days for your permit arrive if you apply by post or the library drop-off service.