Find out the different ways to report flooding

You can’t report flooding to the council if it is:

  • A public sewer (contact Thames Water)
  • A burst water main (contact Thames Water – they’re responsible up to and including the stopcock)
  • Blocked drain on private property (the homeowner or landlord is responsible and would need a plumber)
  • Burst riverbank (the main rivers are the responsibility of the Environment Agency - 03708 506 506).

The Environment Agency also provides "Floodline", a 24-hour advice and information service for floods and flood warning on 0345 988 1188.

If flooding is on a road or pavement

Please complete the flooding form.

If you have a flooded garden

Please complete the Report a water or drainage problem form.

If you own land or a property next to a river, stream or ditch you are a ‘riparian landowner’.

Find out more about 'riparian landowner' rights and responsibilities

Under the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 the council is required to produce a local flood risk management strategy.

The strategy has been developed with the input and guidance of the Environment Agency, and has been subject to public consultation.

If you don't have access to a pc, why not visit a Library Plus branch where you can use a self-service pc to log your report. Staff are available to support you if you need it.​​​​