Facilities Click to get info
There are groups of rented flats with access to 24 hour support and care onsite. Facilities include:
- the freedom of having your own front door
- social activities
- peace of mind from knowing that staff are available if needed
- lifts that are regularly serviced
- units accessible for standard wheelchair use
- some units fully adapted for more independent users
- access to fully adapted bathrooms and walk-in-showers within the communal areas
Specialist adaptations can be requested and referrals for these can be sent to our occupational therapists.
Some of the units are fully decorated with some kitchen or laundry appliances and residents have the responsibility to furnish their flat.
All other providers have a no white goods policy and the units will have paint on the walls and working kitchen units. Residents who want live in these schemes have the responsibility to fully decorate and furnish their flat.
Carers Click to get info
Some of our partners and housing association providers also have their own team of carers to deliver the authorised package of care from social services. This is part of a residents own choice to make if you wish to receive care service from the onsite team.
Two of our schemes have a restaurant and kitchen for one or more meals a day. Residents can enjoy their meals whilst sitting and socialising with each other within the spacious lounge.
- Carers normally provide assistance where required to support with preparing and serving meals
- Domestic tasks such as cleaning, laundry and shopping are the resident’s own responsibility
Most families assist with domestic tasks, but in special circumstances this service can be included in the package of care for those who have no family or who are living too far away. Hospital appointments are also within this arrangement.
Activities and support available on site Click to get info
Our partner support providers design and offer activities to suit your needs and help with stimulation and socialising.
- All our schemes have treatment rooms with regular hair dressers and specialist health professionals to help with onsite health checks
- The Waltham Forest Dementia Team provide activity clubs within most of our schemes once or twice weekly
- Services such as CREST visit for residents interested in purchasing their activities service
- Tai chi sessions are offered in some schemes
- Residents can also be supported with assistive technology such as telecare
Eligibility Click to get info
To be eligible you need to be over 55 years of age and on Waltham Forest’s housing register.
All applicants must have their care needs assessed by social services and meet the current criteria (minimum of 10 hours care per week) for extra care housing. For example, this can be receiving daily visits from carers to assist with personal care and domestic tasks.
Extra care is not part of the council’s choice based lettings. This means that applicants are not able to bid for this service.
More information is available in the extra care housing brochure (527KB PDF file).
Apply by post Click to get info
To apply for extra care housing please download and complete the below application forms:
Once all the forms are fully completed and signed please return to:
Extra Care Sheltered Housing
Walthamstow E17 4JF
Apply online Click to get info
There is also the option to register online by completing the online self assessment tool.
After registering online, or for more information, please contact the development manager of extra care housing on 020 8496 6950.