Construction as a career for young people Click to get info
Help with making a career choice
Speak to a qualified careers adviser at your school or college.
Qualifications offered through local colleges, gives you the opportunity to gain
- Pre Access
- or HNC
London Academy of Sustainable Construction (LASC)
Train with London Academy of Sustainable Construction (LASC) based in Leytonstone. They offer a range of construction courses, CSCS Cards through to scaffolding apprenticeships.
Free pre-employment training is available if you are 19 or older and interested in getting into Roofing, Steel Fixing and General Construction.
- Get more information though London Academy of Sustainable Construction
- or email: email@example.com
Kickstart work placements for six-months are open to those aged 16 to 24 who are claiming Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. To access these opportunities, you will need to go through your Jobs Centre Plus work coach.
Steps in to work
Get support with work and job vacancies by contacting Steps into Work
Construction as a career for adults Click to get info
Use the skills you have developed over years in IT, project management, quality assurance, design, commercial awareness, and HR and apply it to the construction and built environment sector
- Connect with a Mentor: to help with develop your learning and skills
- Support for Women: helps support women wishing to work in the construction industry
- Talent Retention Scheme: help with showcasing your experience and expertise
- Careers Advice: help with making an informed career choice. Speak to a qualified career adviser.
- Start in Waltham Forest: help you to discover your future and navigate your journey through education and into the world of work.
- Gain Vocational Qualifications: studying at local college gives you the opportunity to gain an NVQ / VRQ, Pre Access, Access, HND or HNC. Your local college can get you onto a course and into a career as quicky as possible
- Train with London Academy of Sustainable Construction (LASC) based in Leytonstone. They offer a range of qualifications, from short, accredited courses through to advanced apprenticeships.
- Kickstart: Paid work placements for six-months are open to those aged 16-24 who are claiming Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. Talk to your jobs coach at the Jobs Centre to access opportunities with local employers.
- Steps into Work: Local support with work and vacancies through our Waltham Forest Job Brokerage
- Free Pre-employment training is available if you are 19 or older and interested in getting into Roofing, Steel Fixing and General Construction. email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of a course at a college or training provider in England.
- Local Labour Supply: free recruitment support available to employers in the Construction and Built Environment through Steps into Work. Email your requirements email@example.com. We will aim to respond within 48 hours.