Activities Click to get info
Lloyd Park: There are lots of activities in Lloyd Park for everyone to enjoy.
Leyton Jubilee Park: There are lots of activities in Leyton Jubilee Park for everyone to enjoy
Free sports activities: Benefit from lots of free sports activities in your parks, including health walks, Tai Chi, tennis, box fit, yoga and more. Find out more.
Volunteering and Training: We offer a variety of volunteering and training opportunities in our parks; get fit, feel part of your community and help improve our parks.
Hire a park, open space or park building for an event or activity Click to get info
A number of parks and open spaces within Waltham Forest can be hired by members of the public and outside organisations to hold events and activities. All events, no matter what size, must first be booked through the Greenspace Hire Team’ and can only proceed once written permission has been received.
To hire a park or open space for an event please complete a green space hire form. You will need to read and sign a copy of our Events Guide and Booking Conditions. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.You will be required to pay our hire fees for your event or activity. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about our fees.
For Friends Groups wishing to run activities in our parks, we need our Friends of Parks Activity Hire Form to be completed.
To hire the Aveling Centre Community Room at Lloyd Park (seats 30; next to play area, toilets and café; extras such as catering, occasion cakes and overhead projector available) contact firstname.lastname@example.org Great for kids' birthday parties, meetings, or for anyone wanting to run classes / workshops, community / children's activities etc.
To hire the Community Bowls Pavilion at Lloyd Park (seats 24, includes toilets and kitchen area) contact email@example.com
To hire the Winns Gallery, in the Aveling Centre at Lloyd Park contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To hire the Pavilion at pavilion at Leyton Jubilee Park (includes toilets and kitchen area) contact email@example.com
Wedding photos Click to get info
Wedding photos are permitted to be taken free of charge in our parks, however there are certain conditions which must be adhered to.
- No vehicles are permitted in the park other than in those with a designated parking area
- no confetti is to be thrown
- no high heels on the grass, please keep to the paths
- no litter to be discarded in the park
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org giving us your name and address, email, contact number, name of the park and the date and time you wish to be in there. This is to avoid any clash of events or disruption to maintenance works being carried out in the park
View the list of open spaces for hire.
Newsletters Click to get info
Sign up for the Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter
Download previous newsletters:
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 4 September 2020
- Download Have Your Say email newsletter 26 June 2020
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 11 March 2020
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 13 February 2020
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 20 December 2019
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 18 November 2019
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 2 July 2019
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 24 May 2019