Activities Click to get info
Lloyd Park: There are lots of events and activities in Lloyd Park for everyone to enjoy.
Free sports activities Benefit from lots of free sports activities in your parks, including health walks, Tai Chi, tennis, box fit, yoga and more. Find out more.
Green Gym: Dig out your wellies because The Conservation Volunteers Green Gym is gearing up for a busy time with a mission to transform Waltham Forest's Green Spaces, and get you fit and active at the same time, and all for free! We will be visiting many of Waltham Forest's best parks to improve biodiversity and opportunities for nature conservation by creating many new wildlife habitats.
You can find all the upcoming Green Gym opportunities. The Green Gym runs every Tuesday and Friday and rotate around Waltham's Forest parks and green spaces. All Green Gym's are free and easy to join.
So if you want to give it a go do drop us an email or give us a call to book your place or find out more.
To book or find out more call Abi Townsend, TCV, London Health and Education Manager on 07803 187730.
Hire a park, open space or park building for an event or activity Click to get info
A number of parks and open spaces within Waltham Forest can be hired by members of the public and outside organisations to hold events and activities. All events, no matter what size, must first be booked through the Green Space Service team and can only proceed once written permission has been received.
Please contact email@example.com to find out what our fees and charges are.
To hire the Aveling Centre Community Room at Lloyd Park (seats 30; next to play area, toilets and café; extras such as catering, occasion cakes and overhead projector available) contact firstname.lastname@example.org Great for kids' birthday parties, meetings, or for anyone wanting to run classes / workshops, community / children's activities etc.
To hire the Community Bowls Pavilion at Lloyd Park (seats 24, includes toilets and kitchen area) contact email@example.com
Wedding photos Click to get info
Wedding photos are permitted to be taken free of charge in our parks, however there are certain conditions which must be adhered to.
- No vehicles are permitted in the park other than in those with a designated parking area
- no confetti is to be thrown
- no high heels on the grass, please keep to the paths
- no litter to be discarded in the park
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org giving us your name and address, email, contact number, name of the park and the date and time you wish to be in there. This is to avoid any clash of events or disruption to maintenance works being carried out in the park
View the list of open spaces for hire.
Newsletters Click to get info
Download previous newsletters:
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 4 September 2020
- Download Have Your Say email newsletter 26 June 2020
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 11 March 2020
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 13 February 2020
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 20 December 2019
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 18 November 2019
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 2 July 2019
- Download Parks and Open Spaces email newsletter 24 May 2019