Steps into work Click to get info
If you are an unemployed Waltham Forest resident looking for a job, we can help you!
We are a new Council led service which has been set up to support Waltham Forest residents gain employment.
We offer tailored support at every step of your journey into work, from helping you to gain new skills, to providing you with advice and guidance when applying for jobs. We are also here to help you once you are in work.
Our Services Include:
- Help to develop a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Practice mock interviews and confidence building
- Access to job specific training courses
- Assisted job search sessions based from various centres
- Access to job vacancies and apprenticeships opportunities
- Support in completing applications forms and personal statements
- Mentoring support and coaching once in employment
We deal with vacancies across various sectors including administration, finance, construction, retail/customer service, creative media, hospitality and catering.
Am I Eligible?
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Must have a valid a UK national insurance number
- Must be over 18, unemployed and a Waltham Forest resident and either be:
- Unemployed for the last 12 months (6 months if aged between 18-24)
- Economically Inactive
How Do I Register?
Call 0208 496 4182 between 10am to 4pm
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details. We will aim to respond within 48 hours.
- A valid passport or British birth certificate - If your passport is from outside the EU you will need to provide proof of eligibility to claim state benefits
- Proof of address e.g. bank statement, utility bill, council tax bill (must be no older than three months)
- Proof of National Insurance number e.g. payslip, P45 or P60, Jobcentre Plus letter or National Insurance card.
Steps Into Work is part funded by the European Union European Social Fund.
Details of our current recruitment projects can be accessed below;
Waltham Forest Construction training centre Click to get info
Waltham Forest Construction centre provides construction skills training courses in:
- Steel fixing
- Introduction to general construction
- Kerb laying
- Drain laying
- Work at heights
- Introduction to roofing
- Rail track safety or tunnel skills passport