Appealing your band Click to get info
If you think your property band is wrong, you can appeal your property’s Council Tax band to the Valuations Office.
You may be able to get a refund if you have been in a higher band than you should have been.
Appealing your bill Click to get info
You can appeal your Council Tax bill if:
- you think you’re not responsible for paying the Council Tax
- you’ve claimed a discount or exemption and this hasn’t been awarded or has been refused
- you think any item on your bill (apart from Council Tax Support) has been worked out incorrectly
- a claim for disability reduction hasn’t been granted
- you have to pay a penalty
- we have sent you a completion notice, and you don’t agree with the date on it
To appeal, please call us on 020 8496 3000 or email us at email@example.com. Put 'appeal' and your account reference in the subject field.
Disputing liability Click to get info
If you think you are the wrong name on the Council Tax bill, please contact the Revenues and Benefits Service. Tell us why you think you’re not responsible for paying Council Tax, and send us any proof you have. We will look into the matter, and write to tell you of our decision.