From 1 of April 2021, we will be carrying out an online consultation, for you to share your views on how contaminated land is managed in Waltham Forest, through our Contaminated Land Strategy.
A Contaminated Land Strategy is a required under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to ensure that the Council’s Contaminated Land Strategy remains up to date.
Our updated strategy is holistic in its approach. With links to the Local Plan:
- placing an emphasis on the redevelopment of contaminated land
- to bring land back to a suitable and beneficial use
- as well as to mitigate environmental impacts.
The new strategy also links to local and national planning policy and guidance, relating to development and contaminated land.
The draft strategy has been developed by our Environmental Health service
Share you views
Tell us your views on the draft strategy:
- Email: EnvironmentalHealth@walthamforest.gov.uk.
- Please use the subject ‘Contaminated Land Strategy Consultation’.
The consultation will run from 1 April 2021 to 23rd April 2021.