General support and advice Click to get info
- Waltham Forest Citizens Advice: Offering advice on a range of issues including money, benefits, housing and employment. Advice line: 0300 330 1175
- Please note that from 9 November Citizens Advice Waltham Forest will have a new free local Adviceline number: 0808 278 7838
- Waltham Forest Migrant support centre :If you need help, please text your full name to 07496394175, and one of their volunteers will ring you back. This number is not answered. email@example.com
- Bangla Housing Association: Help with form filling, advice on what benefits are available and income maximisation. General information on housing, education, health, immigration.,Office closed - phone advice only between 9am to 5pm 020 8985 1124 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peabody – Leytonstone: Advice on benefits, employment and debt. 020 7922 8500 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm email@example.com
A map of voluntary and community sector services run across Waltham Forest pinpoints support in your local area.
Food & Meals Click to get info
We have been collaborating with several primary partner food banks since the outbreak of COVID-19 to help get food to those who need it most:
Domestic Abuse Click to get info
We want to reassure all survivors that we are doing everything we can to support you during this challenging time. The borough’s local services are still working to provide support and advice over the phone or online.
We’re encouraging all survivors to carry a mobile phone at all times if possible. If you are in immediate danger call 999.
For more information and resources visit domestic abuse support during quarantine
Befriending or support Click to get info
If you’re feeling lonely and would like to talk to someone, these organisations can help.
- Waltham Forest Community Hub: Offering phone befriending for local senior citizens. Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm 020 8223 0707 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waltham Forest Council Of Mosques: The Mosques are offering virtual befriending. Support is available for Arabic, Urdu, Somali speakers. email@example.com 0208 558 0786
- St Margaret With Columba: Befriending services for resident across the borough. Will call back if no one answers, leave voice mail. Borough wide. Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, 0208 558 2121, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age UK Waltham Forest: Befriending services for older people, 0208 558 8716, email@example.com
Financial assistance Click to get info
If you require financial relief or assistance, please visit our financial assistance page as we may be able to help.
Universal Credit claims
Call the Help to Claim Line (calls are free) on 0800 144 8 444 open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm or webchat for universal credit
Direct Payment Support Service call 020 3233 0279 open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
Bereavement Click to get info
Help with housing Click to get info
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and in line with government advice we have had to change the way we deliver some of our housing services.
Find help and advice for both council and private tenants
Health & Wellbeing Click to get info
Spending so much of our time at home can be difficult for many of us, for all sorts of reasons, but it’s important we don’t forget to look after our mental wellbeing. That’s why we’ve created a dedicated page with helpful resources and guidance on how to manage your mental health and wellbeing support during COVID-19.
If you want to keep both your mind and body active there’s plenty to do, learn and experience online.