Community-led housing is housing which is developed by, with, for, and controlled by, community-led organisations.
We're currently preparing our policy and procedures to provide a range of support to groups and individuals looking to meet their housing needs through community-led housing projects. Some support, in the form of grant, is already available to help groups get set up and become formally constituted. You can find details of this below. More support to help with project management and to access land and funding should be available later this year.
Advice and support is available from a number of organisations, including the London Community-led housing hub, which is supported by the Greater London Authority (GLA).
The government is supporting community-led housing through a Community Housing Fund. Find out more and read the prospectus by visiting GOV.UK.
Capacity building grants
Local groups can apply for grants of up to £3,000 from us. These funds can be used:
- to help set up a formally constituted community-led housing group
- for training for the group
- to help with developing business cases and plans for community-led housing projects
For information on what a constituted group is, and on setting up a constituted group, visit the Community Waltham Forest website.
To apply for a grant:
- Read the guidance notes (100KB Word)
- Complete the grant application, monitoring and evaluation form (92KB Word)
- Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 2018. We can't guarantee that grant funding will be available after this date.
We will acknowledge receipt of your application. We aim to make a decision within two weeks.
For further information, please email email@example.com