Closed circuit television (CCTV) is designed to take measures to prevent and detect street crime such as assault, vehicle theft, drugs offences etc. The council is responsible for the siting and monitoring of town centre CCTV.
The main objectives of CCTV in Waltham Forest is to:
- help reduce the fear of crime
- help deter and detect crime
- enhance community safety
- assist with traffic management
- assist in supporting civil proceedings
- discourage anti-social behaviour, including alcohol and drug related issues
The CCTV system is operated within regulations contained in the Data Protection Act 1998. The cameras are shared use for public safety and parking enforcement. The information is only normally held for 30 days.
- Code of Practice for the Management of Closed Circuit Television (630KB PDF file)
- Code of Practice for the Operation of CCTV Enforcement Cameras (143KB Word file)
- CCTV camera location map
- CCTV camera locations list (PDF 270KB)
- Privacy impact assessment - cameras and systems (206KB PDF file)
- Privacy impact assessment - body worn cameras (858KB Word file)
- Asset privacy impact assessment list (22KB Exel file)
- CCTV operators procedural manual (340KB PDF file)
- Statistics for the CCTV control room 2017 - 2018 (476KB PDF file)
If you would like information or have an enquiry about specific CCTV data please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any parking and traffic enforcement enquiries please email email@example.com.