You can make an appointment to have individual support or you could access any group support or any face to face support that the service offers. Sometimes SENDIASS may provide sessions on:
- Helping children, and young people and their parents or carers to gather and understand information that relates to their specific needs.
- Education law on SEN and related law on disability, health and social care.
- Arrangements for transitioning between provision and services such as from primary to secondary schools.
- Personalisation and personal budgets.
SENDIASS and disagreements Click to get info
Sometimes we get it wrong as an LA and at this time it is important that there is a process in place for mediation, disagreement resolution and complaints that support you and your child or young person. SENDIASS can support you in managing this.
Types of support provided by SENDIASS Click to get info
- Support around the legal framework for Educational Health and Care Plans
- Support around education placement choices
- Disagreement and resolution and tribunals
SENDIASS and Partnership work
SENDIASS works with the Waltham Forest Parent’s Forum and with education settings to support children and young people in interpreting the SEND code of practice.
SENDIASS has an interface with the Local Authority, in that they provide:
- feedback on parents views and experiences of the service
- Themes and trends that emerging through interaction with parents and carers