About the scheme Click to get info
In March 2016 we secured funding from the Mayor's Air Quality Fund to set up a borough-wide courier scheme using cargo bikes and electric vehicles.
We want to use the money to improve the borough’s air quality (as road traffic directly contributes to this) whilst continuing to help our local economy to grow.
We met with businesses to discuss their current delivery options and what kind of service they would benefit from, and decided to trial a delivery service at Christmas time in Walthamstow Town Centre to get an idea of interest from residents and businesses alike.
We will use data from the scheme to develop the borough-wide Zero Emission Courier Service in 2017.
Terms and conditions Click to get info
- All fields of the booking form must be completed. Failure to do so may result in your package being refused for delivery.
- For perishable items, we assume no liability if instructed to leave packages with a neighbour or in a specific location. Liability will only be assumed if the package is received and signed for by a member of your household.
- You will receive notification from the courier via a phone call 30 minutes prior to delivery.
- If you are not available during the agreed time slot, the items will be returned to the shop and re-delivered within 12 hours of your initial delivery slot. We assume no liability for perishable items if your package needs to be re-delivered.
- If you select next day delivery, you must ensure that your items are not perishable.
- No fee will be charged by your local shop or the courier in relation to this delivery.
- Prior to accepting your package, you must inspect the items and provide a signature to the courier. This signature confirms you are satisfied with your package and that no loss or damage has occurred.
- Once your package is received, you are responsible for ensuring that all perishable food items are stored correctly. Instructions on storage are listed on each food item label.
- Should the courier be unable during the agreed time slot, an alternate delivery time will be arranged with you within 12 hours of your initial delivery slot.
- Any grievances must be reported to email@example.com or 07773 976 661. You will receive a response within 12 hours of your call or email.
- Any damage or loss to items (excluding perishable items) must be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org or 07773 976 661 within 12 hours of receiving your package. If deemed that we are responsible for the damage or loss, these items will be replaced at no cost to you.
- Deliveries are limited to addresses in Waltham Forest.
FAQs Click to get info
What if I am not at home when my parcel is delivered?
If you are not at home when your parcel is delivered, it will either be left in your safe place (as per the delivery request form) or returned to the business. A delivery card will be left at your home and you will be contacted by the business to rearrange the delivery of the item.
The delivery address is wrong, how do I change it?
Please contact the business directly to update your delivery address.
What if my parcel becomes damaged, lost or stolen?
Packages are covered for loss/theft/damage by our insurance whilst being held by Christmas Courier. Packages are secured safely in the bike and travel straight from business to address. In the unlikely event of lost/theft/damage, Christmas Courier will refund the value of the package to the business. The business will be informed immediately.
Can I track my parcel online?
The locations of all parcels will be monitored however will not be specifically tracked online.
How easy is it to cancel an order once it has been submitted?
Please contact the business directly to cancel your order.
How can I reschedule my delivery day or time?
Please contact the business directly to reschedule your delivery day or time
Is there a minimum delivery order value?
There is no minimum delivery order value.
Can I pay extra for a larger or heavier item to be delivered?
We would like as many people as possible to benefit from the scheme so have limited the weight and size of items to maximise the capacity of the cargo bikes being used. Please speak with the store you wish to purchase from for more information on weight and size limits.
What if my order is late?
If there is an issue with your delivery, you will be contacted directly by the Courier team who will advise of any changes to your delivery time.
How would food be packaged to ensure freshness, and fragile gifts to avoid damages?
All deliveries containing food will be delivered within 45 minutes of collection from businesses. Food hygiene is very important to us so temperature controlled containers will be used and disinfected after use to prevent cross contamination. Fragile items will be appropriately packaged to avoid damage; however this is at the business’ discretion.
Will my details be kept on record or used for any third party marketing?
No third party will gain access to your details, however LBWF may be in touch for optional feedback on your experience.
Why aren’t you delivering to my area yet?
The scheme is currently a trial and dependent on its success, could expand and become a borough wide project in 2017.
If I am not happy with the product how do I return it and will there be a free returns collection service?
If you are not happy with the product, please contact the business directly to arrange returns and refunds.
If I have a complaint about my delivery who should I direct this to?
If you have an issue with your delivery, please contact email@example.com or 07773 976 661.
Will I be informed when my item is dispatched?
Customers will not be informed when items are dispatched, however deliveries will be made within the customer’s requested timeslot.
Can I order online using this scheme?
Please contact the business directly to confirm that purchases made online can be delivered using this service.
If the form is not signed will my parcel be covered by insurance?
Standard business delivery terms and conditions will apply.