Get Involved Click to get info
We’re asking residents, businesses, and organisations to get involved.
Together, we can raise awareness of the importance of healthy eating and cutting down sugar in our diet.
- If you’re a business, you can sign up to the Healthier Catering Commitment Award.
- If you’re a resident, take a look at some of the links below to see how you can help yourself to get healthier
- If you are an organisation spread the word around healthy eating and lifestyle
Access Local Services and Resources to help you eat and live healthily Click to get info
We have support in the borough to help you and your family keep active and eat healthy:
Healthy Eating Resources
- North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT) provide nutrition and dietary advice online.
- The NHS Live Well hub has information on healthy eating and weight loss and support and advice on the Change4Life website.
- Bags of Taste offer cooking lessons around cooking healthy tasty meals on a low budget. They currently offer sessions virtually.
- Diabetes Action CIC work with individuals, schools and faith groups to support affordable healthy eating and raise awareness about diabetes. DAC also offer FREE online cooking classes, fitness sessions and mindfulness. Contact: Monica Saunders on email@example.com or call: 07958404160
Children and Families
If your child is an unhealthy weight, there is lots you can do to help them become a healthy weight as they grow
Each Waltham Forest Children and families’ centres hub through the HENRY's Best Start Service have trained nutritionists and champions, who offer group, drop ins and one on one sessions to families with children five years and under. Call 0208 496 5223 to get support.
Healthy Weight and Physical activities Click to get info
Physical activity such as walking, jogging, exercise and sports not only great for our physical health and helps us maintain a healthy weight, but is known to be one of the best ways to make you look and feel good.
- Go for a walk, jog or run- helps you keep fit while allowing you to get Vitamin D
- Better operate nine leisure centres in Waltham Forest.
- Enjoy Waltham Forest offer a range of services around cycling including free cycling lessons, free bike hires and bike repairs:
- Our Parks offer several fat burning, high and low intensity live online work outs