Starting your business: organisations offering help and advice Click to get info
The following organisations offer help and advice for starting your new business and running it in the early days:
- Free start-up support for entrepreneurs and businesses located across Waltham Forest.
- Start-ups in London Libraries Free support for new business ideas and small/medium-sized businesses looking to grow. Access to expert-run workshops, one-to-one sessions with start-up advisors, and vast professional networks.
- Small Business Research + Enterprise Centre A business information centre with access to free global business data.
- London Business Hub Offers a range of business toolkits to help businesses starting out as well as links to relevant support, resources and events.
- Prince's Trust Working with 18 to 30 year-olds to turn big ideas into a business reality.
- A business support programme specifically designed for women in London to start and establish their own businesses, as well as grow and sustain existing early stage businesses.
- Federation of Small Businesses A membership-based business support service including advice, financial expertise and a powerful voice in government. Comprehensive online resources and direct access to finance.
- Advice and training, access to finance, and mentoring, for those wishing to start their own business.
- Intellectual Property Office The official UK government body responsible for intellectual property (IP) rights, including patents, designs, trade marks and copyright.
- AABRS A helpful list of resources that are available to entrepreneurs with disabilities, including information about grants
Growing your business: organisations offering help and advice Click to get info
The following organisations offer help and advice for growing your business:
New enterprise hub, a Business & IP Centre (BIPC), in partnership with the British Library to benefit businesses at any stage of their development, from early start-ups to established ventures. Workshops are free and ready to be booked.
London Business Hub offer a range of services like free advisors and toolkits to help your business to grow.
- Develop your business in many different areas from Compliance to Branding, Leadership & Management to Mobile Content Creation and Procurement. Building Legacies helps your company grow by winning more business.
- British Library Business and IP Centre Supporting small businesses to take the right steps to start up and grow.
- Unltd Thrive Accelerator Bespoke support and access to capital, for social entrepreneurs looking to grow and scale.
- Enterprise Enfield Female Founders Accelerator Innovative business support and mentoring programme for women who are ready to scale their businesses.
- Business is Great Government-backed support, advice and inspiration for growing your business.
- Department for International Trade Responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of opportunities.
- Mayors International Business Programme A programme of mentoring and business opportunities for high-growth companies in the life sciences, technology and urban sectors.
- Hive Collective Coaching service and support network based in Walthamstow.
- Supports fashion and textile businesses to thrive sustainably, both environmentally and financially, during Covid recovery and beyond, through workshops, one-to-one advice and networking.
- Save the High Street are providing free support and webinars for local independent businesses through the next phase of the Coronavirus crisis.
- Waltham Forest Connected Business Directory offers a platform where you can list your business and view other businesses within the borough, to expand your network and to create more awareness about your enterprise.
- East End Trades Guild is an alliance of 300 small independent businesses and the self employed. As well as offering goods and services, their members provide social spaces, sustaining relationships between neighbours and making our streets safer and better places to be.
- Waltham Forest Business Network is a group of Waltham Forest based companies and those with an interest in the borough.
Funding your business: organisations offering help and advice Click to get info
The following organisations offer help and advice for funding your business:
- Business Growth Fund The UK and Ireland's most active investor in growing businesses.
- Newable Working with businesses at the heart of the economy, unleashing potential, building resilience, championing inclusive growth.
- Start Up Loans Company Start or grow your business with the help of a government-backed Start Up Loan and free business support.
- New Enterprise Allowance Mentoring and a grant to start your own business if you receive certain state benefits.
- Productive Valley Fund Capital loans between £50k - £400k, open to small to medium-sized industrial estate based businesses in the Upper Lee Valley Enfield, Haringey and Waltham Forest and those looking to relocate there.