Apply for a Blue Badge Click to get info
To apply for a badge you can do one of the following:
- download a Blue Badge application form
- collect an application form from a Library Plus branch
- apply for a Blue Badge online
You’ll need to supply the following with your application:
- One passport size photograph, with your name and the date printed on the back
- A copy of a proof of address such as a current council tax bill or tenancy agreement or a utility bill dated within the last three months
- A copy of confirmation of identity such as a national insurance card, medical card or passport
- A copy of evidence of higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (if applicable)
Please do not send us original documents.
You can return your completed application form and supporting evidence:
- by post to the mobility team or
- in person at a Library Plus branch
Paying for a Blue Badge Click to get info
Before you can apply for a Blue Badge you’ll need to pay a £10 administration fee . If your application is unsuccessful we’ll refund the fee by the method you paid with.
You can pay online, or make debit or credit card payments by calling Waltham Forest Direct on 020 8496 3000.
We don’t charge for replacement badges if the original card has been stolen or is faded. You’ll need to give us either a copy of the crime report which includes the crime reference number or return the faded badge.
How to use your Blue Badge Click to get info
|Where||How to display|
|Waiting restrictions for three hours||Badge and clock displayed to arrival time|
|PaybyPhone bays||Badge displayed|
|Shared use bays||Badge displayed|
|Market trader bays for three hours||Badge and clock diplayed to arrival time|
|Short stay parking bays without time restrictions||Badge displayed|
|On street disabled bays max stay three hours, no return same day||Badge and clock displayed to arrival time|
|Car park disabled bays max stay three hours, no return same day||Badge and clock displayed to arrival time|
|Car parks, other bays without restrictions||Badge displayed|