Apply for a poison licence



As of 26 May 2015, retailers no longer need to register with the council to sell Part 2 poisons due to the Deregulation Act 2015.

The Deregulation Act requires members of the public wanting to obtain or import certain chemicals classed as regulated substances, to hold a valid Explosive Precursors and Poisons (EPP) Licence issued by the Home Office.

Retailers must ensure that any member of the public attempting to purchase regulated substances holds a valid EPP Licence.

Failing to comply with the requirements of the Deregulation Act is an offence that is enforced by the police.

For more information on the Explosives Precursors and Poisons Licence please visit the Home Office website.