Apply for a mini cab licence


You must have a license to operate a private hire vehicle (mini cab).

You must also have the vehicle tested and inspected to ensure it is mechanically fit, safe and comfortable before a licence can be issued.

Please note: Private hire vehicles cannot be hailed from the street, and journeys must be pre-booked.

The council does not issue licences for taxis or private hire vehicles.

For more information on licensing for these vehicles contact Transport for London.

Contact Click to get info

Waltham Forest Licensing Section
Environment and Regeneration
Waltham Forest Council Sycamore House
Forest Road
E17 4SU
Phone: 020 8496 3000