Apply for an explosives licence



All traders who intend to store mixed explosives must be registered on an annual basis. This includes car dealers/garages who deal with air bags.

The Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations (MSER) came into force on 26 April 2005 and largely replaced the 1875 Explosives Act and you need to register if you store or sell explosives at your premises.

A trading standards officer will visit your premises on one or more occasions to ensure you are complying with the regulations. Failure to register can lead to prosecution and a fine of up to £5,000.

Contact Click to get info

Waltham Forest Licensing Section
Resident Services
3 The Square
Leyton, London
E10 5NR

Phone: 020 8496 3000