Apply for a dangerous animals licence



It is an offence to keep any animal listed in the Schedule of the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 without a licence. Exceptions apply to dangerous wild animals kept in a zoo, circus, licensed pet shop and registered establishments for carrying out animal experiments.

If you have concerns about animal welfare or behaviour, or you want to make an enquiry about animal licensing please use our animal advice or licensing enquiry form.

Fees and how to apply Click to get info

To apply

Dangerous animals licences are issued by us.

Please email us at: Please include your name, address and other contact details.

An officer will contact you to explain the application process. 


Fees are based on your licence requirements. Our officer will be able to advise you. 

If you don't have access to a computer, you can visit a Library Plus branch where you can use a self-service PC to log your request/report. Staff are available to support you if you need it.​​​​​​​