This year’s Alcohol Awareness Week campaign runs from 13-19 November 2017 and will focus on supporting families who are affected by alcohol.
We will also be re-launching our drugs and alcohol service for families in Waltham Forest this week.
CGL’s Family and Carers Support Service offer support and advice for families in Waltham Forest affected by drugs and alcohol, including one to one counselling and family interventions. More details are on the CGL leaflet (648KB PDF)
Check out our schedule of activities (420KB PDF) in the borough over Alcohol Awareness Week and campaign resources and factsheets below including national support services available for families, parenting advice around alcohol and advice for professionals.
Activities in Waltham Forest
Come along to one of our outreach events to hear about what support is available in the borough:
- Monday, 13 November 2017 - Waltham Forest College- 11am-3pm.
- Tuesday, 14 November 2017 - Walthamstow Mall- 10.30am -1.30pm
- Wednesday, 15 November 2017- Whipps Cross Hospital Canteen- 11.30am -1.30pm
- Thursday, 16 November 2017- Leytonstone Library- 11am – 2pm
- Friday, 17 November 2017- Hornbeam café (upstairs at Café Life)- 1-5pm
Contact Faye Engeham for more details on 0203 826 9600
Information and advice
Please see factsheets below with important information on various topics relating to families of people who have a drinking problem
- How much should I drink- recommended drinking amounts
- Alcohol and parenting – Supporting your children have a healthy relationship with alcohol
- Alcohol-related bereavement- for those who have lost a loved one through alcohol
- I think my parent drinks too much- for children and young people
- Parents who drink too much- for parents, and family members seeking support
- Families affected by harmful drinking -for practitioners to support family members
Visit council website for information on local services in Waltham Forest to support with drugs and alcohol for adults and young people.