Get support Click to get info
You can get further advice and support from
CGL Waltham Forest - a free confidential service for adults that live in the borough who are concerned about their drinking or need help to change their drug use. Offering a range of treatment options for those who experience or affected by substance misuse issues including groups and one to one support, and counselling support options. More types of alcohol intervention offered by CGL and funded support include
- Enhanced Brief Intervention (EBI) - this is initial engagement with people who are dependent on alcohol to help kick start their journey to recovery, working on people’s motivation to reduce their alcohol intake, understanding of the recovery process and initiating recovery
- Alcohol Community Detox - supports clients dependent on alcohol to detox safely and comfortably with the help of medication and social support in their homes. Clients will receive daily support from a CGL Nurse and Recovery worker. This support can be one to one or groups sessions depending on need.
- In- Patent Detox and Residential Rehab - This is an option for people not suitable for community detox. Please speak to someone at CGL who will assess need for appropriate services
- Funded placements are limited and based on need. Self-funding is possible for service users who have savings /access to money. Benefits contributions are also applicable for Residential Rehab and is based on a financial assessment.
CGL’s Family and Carers Support Service- offer support and advice for families affected by drugs and alcohol, including one to one counselling and family interventions. Take a look at CGL’s Family and Carers Support Service for more information.
Drinks Free Day App - Choose your Drink Free Days and get reminders, support and practical advice to change your drinking habits for good.
Breaking Free Online - a digital aid and app to support treatment for alcohol and drug dependence and support relapse prevention including alerts against risk-taking behaviour, nudges for positive behaviour and relaxation techniques
CGL Young People’s service Click to get info
CGL Young People’s service offers a free confidential drug and alcohol service for young people under 18 (including young offenders) and families in the borough. They also work with young people with parents or carers affected by drugs/ alcohol misuse. They can also provide support for individuals at transition age (18-25) if the individual feels this is better suited to them.
CGL YP provide outreach services, and will visit you wherever it is most convenient for you whether that is at your home, in school/college, at a local library or anywhere else that you feel comfortable. You can also attend the service at 313 Billet Road, Higham Hill, Waltham Forest, London, E17 5PX
Opening hours for the YP service are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
To make a referral or for more information contact the team
Types of support include
- Comprehensive assessment and care planning for young people
- One- to- one therapeutic interventions
- Group work programs
- Information, support and training for families, carers and professionals
- Education and awareness workshops
- Support with employment, training and education (ETE) opportunities
- Peer mentoring opportunities
- Referrals to relevant services including mental health support
Further Information and advice Click to get info
Please see our factsheets below with important information on various topics relating to alcohol and drug misuse
- How much should I drink- recommended drinking amounts
- Alcohol and parenting – Supporting your children to have a healthy relationship with alcohol
- Alcohol-related bereavement- for those who have lost a loved one through alcohol
- I think my parent drinks too much- Support for children and young people
- Parents who drink too much- for parents, and family members seeking support
- Families affected by harmful drinking -for practitioners to support family members