The Council has published its plan setting out how adult social care services will respond to the pressures of winter. This year the winter plan has also considered the challenges brought about by the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The plan identifies which areas of social care responsibility need additional work to be undertaken in the coming weeks to ensure that the borough’s health and social care system is as prepared as it can be for the winter season.
Social care services work closely with colleagues in the NHS, and particularly with our hospital services and local GP practices to ensure that the pressures of winter are managed effectively, and that our residents are kept as safe and well as possible in the coming months.
The areas for action include:
- Increasing the uptake of flu vaccinations
- Supporting our frontline service providers
- Creating effective links with primary care and hospital services
- Improving our communications
Further details can be found in the plan itself and supporting documents
- Adult Social Care winter plan
- Adult Social Care winter plan requirements
- Adult Social Care winter plan overview
- Adult Social Care winter plan baseline