South Leytonstone Area Framework consultation
South Leytonstone is the historical heart of the south of the borough and has a strong and active local community. South Leytonstone is a key gateway into Waltham Forest and it is being improved with new homes and projects.
We want to hear from residents about what’s important in South Leytonstone. From topics like community and open spaces, travel, shops, healthcare, and culture.
Working with the South Leytonstone community, we want to create a ’15-minute neighbourhood’ Area Framework that reflects the needs of local people. This means everyone should have the things they need to lead a healthy and fulfilling life. This includes shops, parks, GPs, gyms, schools, libraries, and theatres. And 15 minutes from home, whether by walking, cycling, or by public transport.
Following feedback from residents in November 2021, a draft framework has been produced. It shows ideas and possible projects that could be delivered to help South Leytonstone thrive for years to come.
How to have your say
The consultation is open from 10 October 2022 until 18 November 2022.
You can fill in the survey online or talk to the Regeneration Team about the proposals at the following drop-in sessions around South Leytonstone:
- Wednesday 19 October: 4pm to 6.30pm at The Junction Centre, Harrow Green
- Sunday 23 October: 10am to 1pm outside Cann Hall Park (with free Dr Bike maintenance pop-up)
- Wednesday 26 October: 12pm to 3pm at the Junction of Crownfield Road and Leytonstone High Road (with free children’s activity)
- Tuesday 1 November: 4pm to 6.30pm at Leytonstone High Road Station
- Saturday 5th November: 11am to 2pm outside the Langthorne Park main entrance (with free Guy Fawkes activity