We have established a Dynamic Purchasing System (‘DPS’) for Specialist Professional Services (‘SPS’), which is used to procure a range of consultancy services for which payments are made upon the delivery of outcomes and key milestones.
What is a DPS?
- A Dynamic Purchasing System is a completely electronic system established by a public sector buyer to purchase commonly used goods, works or services.
- As a procurement tool, it is similar to a framework agreement. However, unlike framework agreements, businesses looking to supply services can apply to join at any time in the life of the DPS and are not required to submit complicated tenders to do so.
- Suppliers can apply to join a DPS by completing an enrolment form (further information provided below). These are evaluated on a pass/fail basis and applicants are required to meet certain minimum standards of financial and technical standing. Unsuccessful applicants are able to reapply at a later date should they wish to do so.
Types of consultancy does the DPS cover
The DPS for Specialist Professional Services covers four ‘specialisms’, each of which are divided into various ‘categories’ which the Council procures services under. A list of specialisms and categories can be found below.
When applying to join a DPS, applicants can apply to join one or more categories (there is no limit on the number of categories that can be joined). Suppliers can also apply to join additional categories throughout the lifetime of the DPS.
- 1. Business Strategy and Transformation
- 2. Governance and Policy
- 3. Finance and Audit
- 4. Procurement and Sourcing
- 5. Human Resources and Organisational Development
- 6. Legal Services
- 7. Information and Communication Technologies
- 8. Project and Programme Management
Social Care, Health and Education
- 9. Social Care: Adults and Children
- 10. Education
- 11. Public Health and Wellbeing
Environmental and Infrastructure Related
- 12. Environmental and Waste
- 13. Sustainability and Regeneration
- 14. Leisure, Culture and Heritage
- 15. Highways, Transport and Infrastructure
Promotion and Engagement
- 16. Community and Engagement
- 17. Marketing, Media, Advertising and Research
Construction, Property and Housing Related
- 18. Property, Asset and Facilities Management
- 19. Housing
- 20. Construction and Capital Projects
Benefits to suppliers
- One simple enrolment process
- Once enrolled, suppliers can submit offers within any of their chosen specialisms/categories
- Opportunities for SMEs to grow their businesses
Apply to join the DPS
Join the suppliers register
To apply to join the DPS, suppliers are required to complete a registration process through the Council’s DPS system AdamProcure. The registration process requires suppliers to complete an online enrolment form and submit a number of documents such as:
- Insurance certificates
- Professional Qualifications
- Business Continuity Plans
Who do I contact?
If you have any questions about the Specialist Professional Services DPS, please contact the Procurement team.