​Most popular in this section

Choosing child care

Information and advice to parents and carers looking for registered childcare

Free early education grant

The Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) is a government grant which enables children aged three and four to have free nursery education from the month

Children's centres

Children's centres offer parents of young children help, advice, support and information on all aspects of parenting.

Becoming a childminder

Information and support for those interested in becoming a registered childminder and those who are already registered.

School holiday schemes

Out of school holiday play schemes which provide care for school-aged children during school holidays, are usually on school premises or in local community

Child protection

The child protection scheme takes measures to safeguard vulnerable children and young people at risk or suffering from physical, emotional or sexual abuse.

Alternative providers of childcare

There are number of independent agencies who provide care that the local authority has approved and use depending on the need of the person.

Family Information Service

The Family Information Service is a free, impartial service giving detailed information and advice on childcare as well as general information on a wide

Free books for under 5s in Cann Hall, Cathall, Higham Hill & Leyton wards

Free books for under 5s in Cann Hall, Cathall, Higham Hill and Leyton wards.

Quality Marks for Children's Services

CMS - a Waltham Forest quality assurance mark given to private and voluntary organisations who work with children and young people and have demonstrated

Residential care for children and young people

Provision of residential accommodation for children and young people who cannot live with their families.

Respite care for children and young people with a disability

You can get short breaks from caring for your disabled child.

Worried about a child?

If you feel that a child is at immediate risk of harm please call the Police on 999 who will be able to provide an immediate response, or contact your