Late May bank holiday closures
Waltham Forest parking permits
- Residents parking permits
Apply for a resident parking permit, renew or register changes to your resident parking permit.
- Temporary residents parking permit
Apply for a temporary one month residents parking permit.
- Visitor parking permits
Visitor permits are available to residents, businesses, contractors and sub-contractors who are based, or carrying out work within, a controlled parking zone.
- Business parking permit
Business permits are available to any business based within a Waltham Forest controlled parking zone.
- Essential user parking permit
Essential user permits are generally provided to employees that work within the public sector.
- Market trader parking permit
Market trader parking permits are only available to Walthamstow High Street market traders.
- Charity parking permit
Charity permits are only available to registered charities that are based within Waltham Forest.
- Foreign vehicle parking permit
Foreign vehicle permits are issued to vehicles on a temporary basis that have recently been brought into Great Britain.
- School parking permit
School permits are for parents or guardians dropping off or collecting children from schools that are located within any of the controlled parking zones.
- Off street car park season ticket
The annual car park season ticket allow a vehicle to park all day within one of the Council run car parks.
- Pay for on street parking
- Loading and unloading on yellow lines (Parking dispensations)
A parking dispensation is required to permit a vehicle to park at a restricted location (a yellow line or a parking bay) for a specified time period.
Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
- Pay a parking fine (PCN)
Pay your parking fine / ticket (Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)) quickly and securely online. You can also pay 24/7 via our automated telephone line. Details will be on the back of the ticket.
- Appeal a parking fine (PCN)
You can appeal / challenge (make a representation against) a parking fine / ticket (Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)).
- Blue Badges: Parking permits for disabled people
The Blue Badge scheme is a national scheme for disabled people with severe mobility problems and who have difficulty using public transport.
- Blue Badges for organisations
The Blue Badge scheme for organisations provides a national range of parking concessions for organisations who have clients with severe mobility problems and who have difficulty using public transport.
- Parking bays for disabled people
Disabled parking bays help disabled people who drive themselves and need to park as close to their property as possible.
Controlled parking zones
- Areas with controlled parking zones
A controlled parking zone in a street or area where parking is organised in order to help residents park their vehicles.
- Suspended bays (Parking suspensions)
A parking suspension is required to restrict parking in signed and marked parking bays In Controlled Parking Zones and other places where parking bays and yellow lines are marked on the street.
- Parking in front of drive ways (dropped kerbs)
Obstructing any vehicle crossover or other dropped kerb is unlawful therefore the Council’s Civil Enforcement Officers can issue a penalty.
- Retrieve a clamped vehicle
- British Parking Association Master Plan for Parking 2014-15
- Know your Parking Rights (approved by British Parking Association)