Waltham Forest parking permits
If you apply for a permit you will be bound by its terms and conditions. Any permit that has been obtained by giving false information will be revoked and a penalty charge notice may be issued.
You may be refused a permit if you have any outstanding unchallenged parking fines (PCNs) with Waltham Forest.
Apply for a resident parking permit, renew or register changes to your resident parking permit.
Car free development residents are not eligible to apply for residents parking permits.
More information on how to apply for a resident parking permit.
Temporary residents permit
Apply for a temporary one month residents parking permit.
Temporary one month resident permits are either issued to new residents who need to update vehicle ownership documents, or to current residents who may be using a vehicle temporarily.
Residents will be expected to have obtained the relevant documents by the time the temporary permit expires.
Please note: there is a limit of one temporary resident permit per vehicle per household per annum.
More information on how to apply for a temporary resident parking permit
Visitor permits are available to residents, businesses, contractors and sub-contractors who are based, or carrying out work within, a controlled parking zone. Residents of car free housing developments are also entitled to visitor permits if their development is within a controlled parking zone.
Please note: there is a limit of 10 purchased books of visitor permits per address per 12 month period.
More information on how to apply for visitor parking permits.
Business permits are available to any business based within a Waltham Forest controlled parking zone.
Commuter parking does not qualify. Therefore you will need to prove that you that your business is based within Waltham Forest and that the permit will be used on a vehicle that is essential to the job.
More information on how to apply for a business parking permit.
Essential user permit
Essential user permits are generally provided to employees that work within the public sector. For example: fire and police services, local and national Health authorities and council officers who use a vehicle for essential business duties within the borough boundaries.
More information on how to apply for an essential user parking permit.
Market trader permit
Market trader parking permits are only available to Walthamstow High Street market traders.
More information on how to apply for a market trader parking permit.
More information on how to apply for a charity parking permit.
Foreign vehicle permit
Foreign vehicle permits are issued to vehicles on a temporary basis that have recently been brought into Great Britain.
Vehicles will need to display a foreign vehicle permit whilst the owner is awaiting the transfer of registration details by the DVLA.
More information on how to apply for a resident parking permit for a foreign vehicle.
School permits are for parents or guardians dropping off or collecting children from schools that are located within any of the controlled parking zones.
More information on how to apply for a school 15 minute parking permit.
Car park season ticket
The annual car park season ticket allow a vehicle to park all day within one of the Council run car parks. Car park season tickets are available to both residents and visitors and are available for either three or twelve months.
More information on how to apply for a car park season ticket.
Parking dispensations allow a vehicle to park within a restricted parking area, a yellow line or parking bay for a specified period of time. Usually issued to accommodate vehicles during extensive works, deliveries and household removals.
More information on how to apply for a parking dispensation.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- How do I find out what roads are within our controlled parking zones?
- Is a Controlled Parking Zone/Residents Permit Parking Scheme proposed in my area?
- Where do I return my parking permit application form to?
- How do I change my permit?
- How do I replace a lost permit or permit of a stolen vehicle?
- How do I get a parking permit refund?
- Do I need a parking permit on bank holidays?
- How can I find out my vehicle's C02 emissions?
- Where can I park my motorcycle?
- Can I use my disabled person's blue badge in a controlled parking zone?
- How do I apply for a temporary parking permit for a courtesy car while my car is being repaired?
- Will I be able to apply or pay for a virtual permit in person after the Parking Shop closes 1st September 2013?
- Will I be able to apply for a parking permit by post if I do not have access to the internet?
- What do I do if there is a problem with my online parking permit application?
- Will I receive a parking permit renewal notification?
- Evidence: Do I need to supply original documents or will photocopies be accepted?
- What is the e-pin or pin number that is requested in the renewal option of the online application system?