Supporting People is a Government programme that funds housing-related support services
What do we provide?
- General information and advice
- Community alarms
- Assistance with welfare benefits
- Home improvements
- Help to deal with neighbour disputes
- Assistance with education and employment plans
- Life skills training
This support can be provided either within your own individual home or within a specialist housing scheme such as sheltered housing, hostels or refuges. It can be short-term or on a permanent basis, depending on what is needed.
Who can have this service?
- Older people
- People with learning disabilities
- People living with HIV
- People with physical disabilities
- People with substance misuse problems
- People with mental health needs
- People leaving prison
- People who are or have been homeless
- Young people leaving care
- People who have experienced domestic violence
Will I have to pay?
More information and leaflets
Supporting People leaflets and strategy
Leaflet about Supporting People in Waltham Forest (410KB PDF file)