Adopting in Waltham Forest
Adoption information sessions
Chat to our adoption staff who can answer any questions you may have, and hear experiences from parents who have adopted children.
Tuesday 15 September 2015
Arrival 6.15pm, presentation commences at 6.30pm
Waltham Forest Town Hall
E17 4JF (view map)
Enquire about adoption
Or you can:
- Call our adoption team for an informal chat on 020 8496 1588 or email email@example.com
- Read our booklet: How to Adopt in Waltham Forest (228 KB PDF file)
Who can adopt?
We have children of different ages and sibling groups from many different backgrounds, culture and religions and we need families to reflect this.
You may be able to adopt if you’re aged 21 or over (there’s no upper age limit). You can be:
- Single, married or in a civil partnership
- An unmarried couple (same sex and opposite sex)
- A homeowner or in rented accommodation (as long as you have a spare bedroom)
- In or out of work
- From any cultural or religious background
- Living in Waltham Forest or outside the borough
What qualities are needed?
The important thing is that you are able to offer a child your love and support and that you can provide a stable and nurturing home while they grow up.
You will also need plenty of:
How we support you
- We will help you through the entire process, from thinking about adoption to having a child come to live with you
- We will support all members of the family at any time, both now and in the future, and can assist in making links to other services
- We offer information, training and support to everyone who chooses to adopt a child through our service
- Anyone affected by adoption can also talk to our Adoption Support Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if you would like information about overseas adoption and we can help signpost you to appropriate agencies
You can also read the GOV.UK guidance on child adoption.
For details on the aims, objectives and services provided by the Adoption Team, see our Adoption Service Statement of Purpose (547 KB PDF file)