Community Infrastructure Levy
It allows councils to fund infrastructure by charging on new developments, based on the size and type of the new developments in their area.
The ‘Section 106’ process (Town & Country Planning Act 1990) will still exist after April 2014, will be limited, and remain for ‘on-site infrastructure provision, such as affordable housing, training and jobs and access to the local highway network. However CIL will cover aspects required for 'off-site provision' of infrastructure that is of benefit to the wider community, such as community facilities, leisure centres, schools, parks and health facilities.
A set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) has been produced by the Planning Advisory Service (PAS). Details of the CIL regulations and associated documents can be viewed on the Communities and Local Government website.
Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (PDCS) Consultation
The Council has prepared the Waltham Forest Community Infrastructure Levy Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule and would like your views.
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a new charge that local authorities will be able to collect on new developments in their area. It is based on a formula relating to the type and size of development and is collected when planning permissions for new developments are implemented. The funds gathered will be spent on infrastructure within Waltham Forest such as community facilities, schools, highway improvements and other forms of provision which are currently funded by monies paid by developers under Section 106 obligations.
Central government regulations require the Community Infrastructure Levy Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule to be subject to public consultation over a period of six weeks. Consequently, between 29 January and 12 March 2013, local residents and others are invited to comment on the proposed charging schedule. The proposed charging schedule documents are being published to allow representations to be made. Representations received during this period will be considered alongside the Community Infrastructure Levy Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule by the Council.
The consultation documents may be viewed:
- At all Waltham Forest Libraries, Waltham Forest Customer Service Centre (during normal opening hours)
- At Sycamore House (Reception), Waltham Forest Town Hall Complex, London E17 4JF (9am - 5pm)
- Waltham Forest CIL Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (530KB PDF file)
- Waltham Forest Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule and Map (1.7MB PDF file) and larger borough map (3.2MB PDF file)
- Evidence base document: BNP Paribas report - Viability Study (2MB PDF file)
- Evidence base: URS - Waltham Forest Strategic Infrastructure Plans
- Waltham Forest Strategic Infrastructure Plan - Executive summary (1.5MB PDF file)
- Waltham Forest Strategic Infrastructure Plan - Social Infrastructure
(1.5MB PDF file)
- Waltham Forest Strategic Infrastructure Plan - Transport Needs Assessment (2.8MB PDF file)
- Waltham Forest Strategic Infrastructure Plan - Utilities and Physical Needs (3MB PDF file)
- Waltham Forest CIL Equality Assessment (610KB PDF file)
- Consultation Representation Form (30KB PDF file)
- Consultation Response Form (56KB Word file)
- CIL Consultation Letter (100KB PDF file)
How to make a comment
All comments must be made on a ‘Representation’ form. This is available at the above venues or can be downloaded from the links above. Comments must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 12 March 2013.
- PREFERRED METHOD - Online response: http://walthamforest-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post: Planning Policy, Sycamore House, Waltham Forest Town Hall Complex, London E17 4JF
For enquiries or further information: email email@example.com or call us on 020 8496 3000
The Mayor of London’s Community Infrastructure Levy
The Mayor of London has formally submitted his proposed Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedule. The Levy commenced from 1 April 2012 and estimated to raise £300 million towards the delivery of Crossrail.
The Mayor has proposed that the London Borough of Waltham Forest (LBWF) is appropriate for the third band of the proposed charging zone, which requires a £20 per square metre charge on net additional increase in floorspace of all developments (with some exceptions) equal or over 100 square metres, or involve creating one dwelling even where this is below 100 square metres.
The Mayor Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedule was the subject of an Examination in Public (EIP). See Mayoral Community Infrastructure Levy - Examination in Public
The Greater London Authority (GLA) and Transport for London (TfL) have provided information in respect of the Mayoral CIL. See Mayoral Community Infrastructure Levy
The Examiners Report on the Mayoral CIL has now been published. See Mayoral Community Infrastructure Levy
The Mayor of London and Transport for London have produced a useful leaflet about CIL. See Mayor of London and Transport for London leaflet (70KB PDF file)
Mayoral Community Infrastructure Levy Schedule
The Mayoral Community Infrastructure Levy Schedule has been confirmed, see below:
- CIL - Mayoral Schedule (168KB PDF file)
- CIL - Mayoral CIL Important information for applicants for planning permission (36KB PDF file)
- CIL - Report for Mayoral CIL Charging Schedule (2MB PDF file)
London Borough of Waltham Forest's Community Infrastructure Levy
We are in the process of reviewing our existing evidence base for preparatory work on the LBWF CIL.
- Withdrawal of Assumption of Liability form (282KB PDF file)
- Transfer of Assumed Liability form (297KB PDF file)
- Planning Application Additional Information Requirement form (314 PDF file)
- CIL Relief: Information Document (153KB PDF file)
- Relief claim form (360KB PDF file)
- Commencement Notice (288KB PDF file)
If you have any queries in relation to the Council's Community Infrastructure Levy, please contact the Spatial Planning Team by:
Tel 020 8496 3000