Applying for a secondary school place
National Secondary Allocation Day - 3 March 2014
If you applied using a paper application form, an offer letter will be posted to you on this day. All letters should arrive on 4 March, depending on the post. The letter will include details of how you can accept or decline the school we have offered to you.
If you applied online, a notification email will be sent to you by eAdmissions after 5pm on this day. The email will be sent to the email address you used to register your application with eAdmissions. You do not need to log into the eAdmissions website. The email will include instructions on how you can accept or decline the school we have offered to you.
Please wait for your letter or your email to arrive. We are not able to tell you the outcome of your application over the phone.
Applying for a secondary place for September 2014
The closing date for applications was 31 October 2013.
All applications received after this date will be late and will not be processed until 3 March when all on-time applications have been considered.
The online portal is now closed and late applications must be made using a paper application form. Please download the Common Application Form
If you have submitted an application and want to change your preferences you need to download a Change of Preference Form.
The brochure Starting Secondary School 2014 contains all the information you need to know about the application process.
The medical form can only be used for a medical condition that relates to the child you are applying for.
Please view the Waltham Forest Report to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator (PDF File 97KB)
Please view the Revised Appeals to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator (PDF File 37KB)
Year 8 Admissions into Waltham Forest Leadership Academy for Girls - 2014/15 academic year
- The admissions number for the Year 8 intake in 2014 will be 50.
- The admissions policy for Year 7 admissions will also be used to determine admissions into Year 8 for September 2014.
- Parents will be required to complete a special Year 8 application form. The form is available on the Waltham Forest website.
- Parents will be required to return the completed Year 8 application form by 17 February 2014 to the Waltham Forest School Admission Service. The Local Authority will co-ordinate the process for the Waltham Forest Leadership Academy for Girls.
- The Governing Body's Admissions Committee will consider and inform Waltham Forest Council of the girls to be allocated places by 3 April 2014. Waltham Forest Council will allocate places on behalf of the Waltham Forest Leadership Academy for Girls by post on 23 April 2014.
|Key dates||What happens?|
|31 October 2013||Application deadline|
|3 March 2014||Offer day|
|17 March 2014||Acceptance deadline|
|28 March 2014||Appeal deadline|