Applying for a secondary school place
Secondary admissions 2014
If your child is currently in year 6 (born between 1 September 2002 and 31 August 2003) at primary school, you will need to apply for a secondary school place for them for September 2014.
If you live in Waltham Forest, you must apply through us, even if you are applying for a school outside the borough.
If you live outside Waltham Forest, you must apply to your home local authority, even if you are applying for a Waltham Forest school.
You must still apply for a secondary place for your child even if they have an older brother or sister at your preferred school.
The closing date for applications was 31 October 2013. Any applications received after that date will be classed as late.
Applying for a secondary place for September 2014
To make an online application please use the online portal at www.eadmissions.org.uk.
To make a paper application please download the Common Application Form for Secondary Allocation 2014 (PDF File 37KB)
The brochure Starting Secondary School 2014 contains all the information you need to know about the application process.
Please view the Waltham Forest Report to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator (PDF File 97KB)
Please view the Revised Appeals to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator (PDF File 37KB)
The In-Year Common Application Form (iCAF) must be used to apply for all in-year secondary school admissions and Secondary 2013 allocations after the closing date of waiting lists at the end of December 2013.
The medical form can only be used for a medical condition that relates to the child you are applying for.
If you are applying for a Year 7 class place for your child for September 2014, you should consider the information given above and ensure you have applied for a Year 7 class place by the closing date of 31 October 2013.
Year 8 Admissions into Waltham Forest Leadership Academy for Girls - 2014/15 academic year
- The admissions number for the Year 8 intake in 2014 will be 50.
- The admissions policy for Year 7 admissions will also be used to determine admissions into Year 8 for September 2014.
- Parents will be required to complete a special Year 8 application form. The form is available on the Waltham Forest website.
- Parents will be required to return the completed Year 8 application form by 17 February 2014 to the Waltham Forest School Admission Service. The Local Authority will co-ordinate the process for the Waltham Forest Leadership Academy for Girls.
- The Governing Body's Admissions Committee will consider and inform Waltham Forest Council of the girls to be allocated places by 3 April 2014. Waltham Forest Council will allocate places on behalf of the Waltham Forest Leadership Academy for Girls by post on 23 April 2014.
|Key dates||What happens?|
|31 October 2013||Application deadline|
|3 March 2014||Offer day|
|17 March 2014||Acceptance deadline|
|28 March 2014||Appeal deadline|