Household waste collections
Waltham Forest Council provides a weekly collection of household rubbish from all residential properties.
Bin collection day
Collections for refuse and recycling take place on the same day, your garden waste may be collected on a separate day
You can check the collection day for your property by searching for your address in My Place on the Waltham Forest Home page.
On your collection day please leave your black, brown and green bins clearly visible at the front boundary of your property and near to the gate, by 6am.
Please note that collections can take place up to 10pm on the day of collection.
If your bins are not collected on the usual day it could be for the following reasons:
- Bin not left at boundary of property (left by front door or on pavement)
- Bins not left at front boundary of property by 6am
- Items left in bin that should not be there such as soil, rubble, glass
If this is the case, your collection will be made the following week providing the bin is left as required.
If this is not the case, then please complete a missed bin collection form and a planned date for collection will be emailed to you.
If you think you need help with moving your bins on collection day please see information on the assisted collection service
Order a bin
We only supply one 140 litre black domestic refuse bin but we can supply additional recycling bins if required.
Bins can be ordered if:
- Existing bin is damaged or stolen
- Existing bin has been stolen
- You are a new resident and do not have a bin at your property
Depending on what scheme you are in households can order:
- Black, green or brown bins, kitchen caddy’s or garden bags (2 x 60 litre)
Please complete an online order form for all replacement bins or bags
Household waste collections for flats above shops
Timed bag collections
The timed collection service is provided for residents that live in flats above shops.
Download a list of roads where collections take place:
- North Chingford (32KB PDF file)
- Central Walthamstow (34KB PDF file)
- South Leyton / Leytonstone (34KB PDF file)
All household bags need to be left on the pavement at one of the roads listed between 6am to 9am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Any bags of waste placed on these roads outside of these times will be treated as fly-tipping. Fixed penalty notices can be issued to anybody caught fly-tipping.