Computer and Internet access
Use of computers is free in all Waltham Forest libraries:
- Free Internet access at all our libraries opening a gateway to the world of online information at even our smallest branch
- Computer hire is available at all our libraries giving you access to Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint
- Libraries operate a booking system and computers may be booked by the hour. Contact your local library for available time slots
- Online Resources access to a wide range of online resources for both information and education. Titles include Know UK, Newsbank - full text of 12 daily newspapers and Encyclopaedia Britannica
- If you are under 16 years of age, you will need a parent or guardian to fill in an Internet User Permission Form before you can use the Internet as provided by the London Borough of Waltham Forest
Free WiFi hotspots at the library
Free wireless hotspots are a fast, reliable wireless broadband connection to the internet is available for everyone to use throughout the library. All you need to use the service is a laptop, PDA or mobile phone with built in WLAN capability or an added WiFi card.
WiFi is available at:
- Walthamstow Library
- Leytonstone Library
- Leyton Library
- Lea Bridge Library
- Hale End Library
- North Chingford Library
How do I use the WiFi access at the library?
Step 1: What you need
You will need a laptop, PDA or mobile phone with built in WLAN capability such as Intel Centrino or an added WiFi card. We support Windows, Macintosh and other operating systems.
Step 2: Get connected
Launch your browser, insert any web address and you will be automatically directed to the Waltham Forest Libraries wireless homepage.
Step 3: Login
Complete the online registration form and you will be issued with a username and password which you will be able to use to login straight away.
An information sheet is available at the library counter providing details for accessing the wireless internet.