Elections and voting
Registering to vote
Information on how to register to vote, why you should register to vote, how to obtain a Certificate of Inclusion on the Electoral Register and the sale of the Elector Register.
More on registering to vote.
If you are over 18 or about to be 18, register to vote at any time during the year to ensure you are able to vote in local, national and London Elections.
Find your designated polling station by entering your postcode into the MyPlace interactive map.
More on polling stations
- Notice of situations of polling stations in Hackney (54KB PDF file)
- Notice of situations of polling stations in Islington (29KB PDF file)
Review of polling districts and polling places
Comment on the suitability of your polling station in a review of polling districts and polling places.
GLA elections, Thursday 3 May
The votes for the elections for the Mayor of London and Members of the GLA Assembly have been counted.
Local and General Election results
Local and General Elections were held on 6 May 2010.
More on General and Local Election results.
A by-election was held in Larkswood Ward on Thursday 12 July 2012.
- Larkswood poll result (13KB PDF file)
- Notice of poll: Larkswood by-election
- Notice of Situation of Polling Stations
- Notice of Particulars of Election Agents
- Statement of the persons nominated for election as Councillors for the Larkswood Ward (48KB Word file)
- Notice of vacancy (20KB Word file)
Standing in an election
Find out more about how to stand for an election.
More on nomination as a candidate.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Are you eligible to vote?
- Why should I register to vote?
- What is a Certificate of Inclusion on the Electoral Register?
- Is the Elector Register for sale?
- Can I vote by Post if I am unable to go to the Polling Station?
- What are the requirements for voting in an election?
- Are EU Citizens eligible to vote?
- Can I vote if I live Overseas?
- How do I find my Polling Station
- What do I do when I go to the Polling Station?
- Does the Polling Station have access for voters with disabilities?